Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

• Thread starter Joe Harvatt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
984294_652465878233295_6255919318831330186_n.jpg

10856476_652465518233331_2379731323720577237_o.jpg

Looking Classy...

Icarusnic

Reaction score
I just had a chat with Dylan yesterday and my baby is ready for the laquerer !!
He showed me the custom neck carve he has done for me. Looked really really sick.
Cannot wait for the final product...

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
I just had a chat with Dylan yesterday and my baby is ready for the laquerer !!
He showed me the custom neck carve he has done for me. Looked really really sick.
Cannot wait for the final product...

Awesome! Cannot wait to see it done!

Man that wooden inlayed logo is fantastic. Such class and such beauty.

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm so torn by this build, half the time I feel like I should have gone with something simpler and the other half more complex. I see these epic themed masterpieces and then these simply but classy as f$%# pieces and I'm all over the place. I think mine's going to be one of the last one's finished...wait is killing me...Seriously Dylan if you read this I've never checked my email or facebook more in my life...you're turning me into a neurotic mess!

Adrian-XI

Reaction score
I'm so torn by this build, half the time I feel like I should have gone with something simpler and the other half more complex. I see these epic themed masterpieces and then these simply but classy as f$%# pieces and I'm all over the place. I think mine's going to be one of the last one's finished...wait is killing me...Seriously Dylan if you read this I've never checked my email or facebook more in my life...you're turning me into a neurotic mess!

Know that feel. Mine is very conservative so when I see all his other stuff I sorta regret not doing something similar, but I'm hoping I'll spend more time playing it than looking at it :shred:

I prefer simple, cleaner looking guitars anyways.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
Know that feel. Mine is very conservative so when I see all his other stuff I sorta regret not doing something similar, but I'm hoping I'll spend more time playing it than looking at it :shred:

I prefer simple, cleaner looking guitars anyways.

I getcha, but I wouldn't sweat it. I'm one to think up wild themes, and that comes from an eccentric artistic mindset I tend to have about things and Dylan offering a platform or canvas unlike any other I've ever seen. But with this first build it did take a long time (years) to nail down the exact theme based off a loose idea of cosmic horror. I find zero fault in not having a particular thing in mind or the need to adorn a build with artwork or inlaywork, just for the sake of it. It is, after all, an instrument first and foremost. These are entirely worth having with the most basic materials and hardware simply because of the quality, construction, playability, and tone. If you play one with your eyes closed it's just obvious that they are really great guitars that play and sound amazing. Having the ability to display unique themes that strike a real chord with metal and artistry is uncanny here, but it would be for not without the instruments being as good as they are at the core.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
My favourite guitar in the current batch. If I was taking a guitar to a luthiery competition - it would be this. No inlays, no graphics. Theres no right or wrong in it. Just bare timber, balanced carves, and a technical presence. That presence is the essence of metal guitars for me. They should make other guitars look like toys.

11046739_654102921402924_6422414733279549802_o.jpg

10999926_654102994736250_1997797229539472933_o.jpg

11061697_654103078069575_1512253650620290296_o.jpg

This one is nice!!!

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I think the walnut cap is so thick that the pickup routes don't even reach the mahogany body.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
That quote is so spot on. There is no shortchanging the experience and awe of owning one of these with just bare woods. There lies a connection to the natural world in this. And that deep cap reminds me of pure heaviness, like giant timber. It'll probably parallel the sound of the Jormungandr Atlantean: crushingly massive tone.

asfeir

Reaction score
I do like these simple daemonesses but when you wait for 2/3 years, might as well go for the crazy stuff :p or Maybe Its Just me.

@chassless yes alive Is a good word haha, still in germany? If you go to musicmesse you might see my next guitar there.

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
^ nope, i've been back home since Christmas. Are you popping by for a visit anytime soon yourself?

And i agree. I haven't tried a Daemoness yet but i have no doubt concerning Dylan's superior craftsmanship. But I don't dount his artistic talent either and i think it would be a waste not to personnalize a guitar you will both put so much effort on.

Wait what, your guitar is in this current batch? :D sick news!!

asfeir

Reaction score
No Its not! Im talking about another brand..
In july it will be 2 years since i sent my deposit

')