Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

• Thread starter Joe Harvatt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
^ This. I can't wait to see all the guitars from this batch. The new Crypt just got posted on Facebook. It's brutal.

As if to prove my point?! :lol:

I'll post the pics up here when I get back from the gym if nobody else does. I'm blown away, and I am finding it impossible to pick any kind of favorite from this batch... it's like the Brazzers HQ of guitars.

EDIT:

Here they are:

Of course a description from Dylz is warranted:

Daemoness Crypt II Cimmerian VII. This axe is pure Death Metal grease. The mid tones are natural maple. The dark browns are laser pyrography from a program prepared from my original drawing, and the blacks are hand painted. Flies and maggots are inlaid in pearl and abalone - and the fly wings are real fly wings set under the laquer. When I was preparing the sketches, I used a lot of skeleton references from my library, but I also used a few recent photographs from mass graves unearthed in Iraq after ISIS tricked Iraqi army recruits into leaving their base at camp Speicher, before massacring them. Some people (who don't know where I'm coming from with my work) would call that abominable. They are wrong. I just deal with reality. My artwork records humanity's state of disgrace in a tortured world and is far more a record of the times than some self indulgent toss based on the artists personal life that you would find celebrated in most contemporary art galleries. I hate violence, destruction and the absolute insanity of war, but i just don't deny it - because you have to accept any problem before you can begin to work towards solving it. If you don't like my artwork or where its coming from - don't look at it.

TLDR; Painted with fire, using real fly wings and references from ISIS mass graves. Heavy shiet, bros.

3VEs2w.jpg

eheRgN.jpg

Wwx2Dw.jpg

38FQr8.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Huge fan of the Dune series, so I really can't wait to see the Dune guitar finished. Hopefully the finish is something reminiscent of a dry desert hellscape.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
What's super cool is that you know, in 95% of the case with smaller guitar brands and luthiers, I'll be like "Oh, another Skerv, another Mayones, or (insert boutique brand name here)" but every time I see a new Daemoness it impresses me to the point where I can't help but stare at the damn thing for minutes

On point. I always stop for a few minutes when I'm scrolling through FB without realising.

Crypt II turned out insane. There is so much detail.

Mechanos71

Reaction score
I feel like every batch of guitars the customers get more and more ambitious ideas. When the order book reopens I truly expect there to be some next level ....... Like there was a time I thought the zombie cimmerian could not be topped. I was very very wrong.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
I think we can say that the 7 will be "Sands of Time". No idea what the 6er could be.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I've an idea what the 6 is, one of two judging from pics on FB.

Its crazy nobody has bought the Sands of Time Cimmerian yet.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
A few pages back he mentioned a black quilted maple top, Schaller Hannes equipped 6'er, I think 666 scale (\M/) as the instock he'd be done with in a month or so. Sounds pretty awesome.

I would love the Sands of Time Cimmerian but I can't handle 27 inch scale that isn't fanned. But yeah both of those should be going up. I'd expect a higher price than normal because they are ready and immediate, and skip the auction crap that was abused (sadly for the rest of us honest bidders).

mulgreaux

Daemoness Guitars
Reaction score
Hi guys. Just to confirm what’s being said here—the “Oceans of Sand” Cimmerian 7 is for sale. We have not actively sought to find a buyer for it since the whole debacle with the failed eBay auction. We’ve decided that we’re going to try selling our stock builds directly through our website to avoid going through that kind of thing again, so once the book is open we’ll be adding a section to the site that will show guitars that are available for immediate purchase.

If anyone here is interested in that guitar now and would like some more information, you can email me on barnes@daemonessguitars.co.uk . Full specs and pictures of that one can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/daemonessguitars/photos/?tab=album&album_id=667416116738271

Also, we do have a soon-to-be-completed 6-string Cimmerian available. It’s a straight up metal machine. The scale length is 666mm (26.22”). It has a beautiful quilt maple top with a gloss finished trans black burst, and a super-fast matte finished neck. It has an ebony fingerboard with Tahiti pearl offset dot inlays, 24 stainless steel extra jumbo frets, and it’s been routed for a Schaller Hannes bridge and two humbuckers. That’s all I can remember of the spec off the top of my head, but I will update this post when I get to the workshop tomorrow with the full details. Again, if any of you would be interested in that guitar then please email me on the address above.

We’ve got loads of exciting stuff in the pipe at the moment. I know some of you have been eagerly awaiting the re-opening of our order book, and I’m glad to say that the wait is very nearly over. We’ve got just a few boring hoops to jump through and then we’ll imminently be ready to start taking new orders again. Just keep an eye on our social media pages and you won’t miss it. Of course, we’ll also post here as soon as it happens.

Barnes

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Hi guys. Just to confirm what’s being said here—the “Oceans of Sand” Cimmerian 7 is for sale. We have not actively sought to find a buyer for it since the whole debacle with the failed eBay auction. We’ve decided that we’re going to try selling our stock builds directly through our website to avoid going through that kind of thing again, so once the book is open we’ll be adding a section to the site that will show guitars that are available for immediate purchase.

If anyone here is interested in that guitar now and would like some more information, you can email me on barnes@daemonessguitars.co.uk . Full specs and pictures of that one can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/daemonessguitars/photos/?tab=album&album_id=667416116738271

Also, we do have a soon-to-be-completed 6-string Cimmerian available. It’s a straight up metal machine. The scale length is 666mm (26.22”). It has a beautiful quilt maple top with a gloss finished trans black burst, and a super-fast matte finished neck. It has an ebony fingerboard with Tahiti pearl offset dot inlays, 24 stainless steel extra jumbo frets, and it’s been routed for a Schaller Hannes bridge and two humbuckers. That’s all I can remember of the spec off the top of my head, but I will update this post when I get to the workshop tomorrow with the full details. Again, if any of you would be interested in that guitar then please email me on the address above.

We’ve got loads of exciting stuff in the pipe at the moment. I know some of you have been eagerly awaiting the re-opening of our order book, and I’m glad to say that the wait is very nearly over. We’ve got just a few boring hoops to jump through and then we’ll imminently be ready to start taking new orders again. Just keep an eye on our social media pages and you won’t miss it. Of course, we’ll also post here as soon as it happens.

Barnes

This sounds great. Can't wait to see what you dudez have in store! Also the idea of selling them directly seems the most straightforward way to do it.

Mechanos71

Reaction score
Want the like button back so I can like Barnes's post. Stellar news Barnes. Oceans of Sands is really making me question my decision to go back to school/ reduce my salary for a year.

bifftannen

Reaction score
Hi all!
Not sure if this has been answered already but how long is the new waiting time expected to be once the order book has been reopened?
Someone mentioned a few posts back that the owners in this current batch have been waiting 4 years! Is this accurate??

element256

Reaction score
Hi all!
Not sure if this has been answered already but how long is the new waiting time expected to be once the order book has been reopened?
Someone mentioned a few posts back that the owners in this current batch have been waiting 4 years! Is this accurate??

Mine has been 3 years, yes. I don't know anyone at the 4 mark personally, not to say there wasn't one. We were basically the last batch of guitars so the longest queue possible in the old build process.

Things look to be becoming much more streamlined from all aspects of ordering and build so I doubt the next orders will be anywhere close to this long. Art takes time and in the case of these the art is extraordinary along with taking time to find the perfect woods for the designs.

If he was pumping them out in 60 days in mass quantity like a Kiesel I wouldn't have even considered ordering one.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Hi all!

As previously stated the waiting list has been long, and that is precisely why Daemoness closed the order books and to re-tool the process. Going forward there will be a better time calculation built into the order process and the time will be shorter. Don't expect a 3-6 month turn around, but it won't be as long as it has been. Dylan is all about making things more efficient and proficient while maintaining the quality and craftsmanship he insists on. Making guitars of this caliber takes time, and the demand has saturated. There will not be corners cut, pun not intended, in an effort to pump out instruments that dip below what the brand represents. But I absolutely concur that 3-4 year waits will not be the norm at all. Not even close.

Someone get on that 6 string!

No kidding dude. I hope it's snatched up immediately for the sake of my wallet!

bifftannen

Reaction score
Agreed. I wouldn't have went with Daemoness if I felt that I wasn't getting top shelf work and was well aware of the 2 year wait but I just didn't know if the wait time had somehow doubled in the meantime. I can still live with 3 years though should it come to that.

The reason I ask about the new post retooling wait time is because I'd like a custom/boutique 7 string and have been recently convinced by Aristides and just trying to figure out if I should get one or wait for Daemoness.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Agreed. I wouldn't have went with Daemoness if I felt that I wasn't getting top shelf work and was well aware of the 2 year wait but I just didn't know if the wait time had somehow doubled in the meantime. I can still live with 3 years though should it come to that.

The reason I ask about the new post retooling wait time is because I'd like a custom/boutique 7 string and have been recently convinced by Aristides and just trying to figure out if I should get one or wait for Daemoness.

Bear in mind as well that there were several delays recently that were completely out of Dylan's hands that pushed the build times up a bit.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Bear in mind as well that there were several delays recently that were completely out of Dylan's hands that pushed the build times up a bit.

This. Pretty significant ones as well, that weren't the easiest to figure out. We're seeing the last of the 4 years being completed now/soon.

')