Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

• Thread starter Joe Harvatt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

prlgmnr

...that kind of idea
Reaction score
No fucking shit he makes you pay for hand painted art??

I thought he was just going to build me a guitar for the same price as an Indo RG and then hand paint it for the love of the work.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
link(s) please?

tried to google it and a ton of stuff came up...sifted through some and still didn't find them.

also, am i to understand that both the crypt l and ll are for sale?
I think crypt I is sold, I can't find any links to it in the music exchange group/high end guitar group anymore.

Ziricote

Reaction score
link(s) please?

tried to google it and a ton of stuff came up...sifted through some and still didn't find them.

also, am i to understand that both the crypt l and ll are for sale?

Thats wrong infos. I offer him 6K for Crypt II and he said its his best guitars and is not for sale ever :(

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
he says price is negotiable. Also dylan does outsource finishing. Back in the day (iirc) he used to do the finishing and the art/building. Nothing he said is wrong afaik.

Honestly you kind of want some of the finishing outsourced IMO. Not sure who he sends it to these days, but for a while they would get sprayed outside of the UK where it's easier to work with and dispose of certain chemicals. The thin poly stuff that was on them when Phil was doing them was really great.

I mean, cool artwork on both the crypt and crypt II -- I don't think they require any effort to distance them from other Daemonesses -- people who want them will want them, and not be thinking like..."well this one has artwork but this one has the better neck heel, etc., which is the better bargain?"

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Honestly you kind of want some of the finishing outsourced IMO. Not sure who he sends it to these days, but for a while they would get sprayed outside of the UK where it's easier to work with and dispose of certain chemicals. The thin poly stuff that was on them when Phil was doing them was really great.

I mean, cool artwork on both the crypt and crypt II -- I don't think they require any effort to distance them from other Daemonesses -- people who want them will want them, and not be thinking like..."well this one has artwork but this one has the better neck heel, etc., which is the better bargain?"
When I last talked to Barnes he said they do outsource the finish work but didn't really go into any details about who they use currently. Personally I'd rather have someone who's good at what they do (ie dylan) stick to that and not get distracted by having to clear coat, etc. It's a pain in the ass to do that on top of quality building/artwork and I would have done the same thing in Dylan's shoes.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Lorcan's old one. Price is pretty insane though.

pott

Reaction score
That's the guitar on which I can't help but fixate on that transition between fingerboard and headstock, treble-side...
Price is indeed insane.

On a lighter note I loved Dylan's comment on that recent 'last one painted by Dylan!' ad on FB. Indeed the ad was a little condescending in tone. Daemoness' response was great. The ad is gone now, not sure if because it sold or to avoid further drama.

Ziricote

Reaction score
That's the guitar on which I can't help but fixate on that transition between fingerboard and headstock, treble-side...
Price is indeed insane.

On a lighter note I loved Dylan's comment on that recent 'last one painted by Dylan!' ad on FB. Indeed the ad was a little condescending in tone. Daemoness' response was great. The ad is gone now, not sure if because it sold or to avoid further drama.

Yes such a lighter note lol. Thank you for softening up the conversations and changing the mood lol

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Price is indeed insane.

Must have missed that. What did he say?

Ziricote

Reaction score
Must have missed that. What did he say?

I saw it. He trying to sell Crypt to appeal to collector who might be interest to own such guitar built 100% by Dylan but Dylan corrected him that people might misunderstand he trying to say newer Daemoness guitars not as good as older. I did not take his words this way but Dylan had to make sure people would not misunderstand so he commented that new Daemoness are as good and even better which is probably true. Crypt sold. I wasnt fast enough :(

Conjuring Gogue

Reaction score
So we stopped by the Daemoness shop in Bristol last week and had a great time (We're from California). Dylan and Matthew were great hosts. We had good food and chat. Matthew even drove us to the train station. We can't thank those guys enough.

The art and guitars in there were ridiculous! You guys should really stop by if you're in the area if they're not busy.

We've had this guitar in the works as a surprise to my son (for his 16th bday) who's a huge Daemoness follower. He's constantly in awe of Dylan's work and often mention how a Daemoness is his dream guitar. So he was in shock when he received the Cimmerian Impaler VII guitar. I think his fingers are still bleeding from playing it non-stop.

Pictures don't do this guitar justice. It's beautiful in person and sounds amazing. I figured I'd post a video so you can hear what it sounds like, at least on video.

Last edited:

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
So we stopped by the Daemoness shop in Bristol last week and had a great time (We're from California). Dylan and Matthew were great hosts. We had good food and chat. Matthew even drove us to the train station. We can't thank those guys enough.

The art and guitars in there were ridiculous! You guys should really stop by if you're in the area if they're not busy.

We've had this guitar in the works as a surprise to my son (for his 16th bday) who's a huge Daemoness follower. He's constantly in awe of Dylan's work and often mention how a Daemoness is his dream guitar. So he was in shock when he received the Cimmerian Impaler VII guitar. I think his fingers are still bleeding from playing it non-stop.

Pictures don't do this guitar justice. It's beautiful in person and sounds amazing. I figured I'd post a video so you can hear what it sounds like, at least on video.

I'm a big fan of rad dad stories! :hbang:
That's a hell of a 16th birthday present and also awesome that things didn't change over the build time. Would have been horrible if he went off the rails and started getting into Kiesel bevels and Ed Hardy-aesthetics.
Sounds like you're doing a solid job all around.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of rad dad stories! :hbang:
That's a hell of a 16th birthday present and also awesome that things didn't change over the build time. Would have been horrible if he went off the rails and started getting into Kiesel bevels and Ed Hardy-aesthetics.
Sounds like you're doing a solid job all around.

I imagine that you’d get a stern phone call from Dylan if decided to do any Kiesel changes or Ed Hardy aesthetics.
:rofl:

Ziricote

Reaction score

So you order him Daemoness when he was 12 years old? Nice sound in that guitar. His playing is influence by Vildhjarta which sounds good

')