Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

• Thread starter Joe Harvatt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
GREEN BOBBINS. We already saw how great my ESP Formula turned out.

Indeed - might be hard to find bobbins as luminescent as slime green paint though? Or limited options of that too. I'm probably 2-3 years off from making that decision though!

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Had a chat with Barnes today and I'm in the next batch as well...I haven't even got my builds spec'd out yet...:nuts:

Can I ask what you guys are going for as regards neck and fretboard woods? Is everyone steering clear of Rosewood, Bubinga etc...anything that falls under the CITES regulations?

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
Had a chat with Barnes today and I'm in the next batch as well...I haven't even got my builds spec'd out yet...:nuts:

Can I ask what you guys are going for as regards neck and fretboard woods? Is everyone steering clear of Rosewood, Bubinga etc...anything that falls under the CITES regulations?
Was going to go with a carpathian maple neck and Madagascar Ebony fretboard but now that you mention CITIES... Assuming ebony is affected?

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Was going to go with a carpathian maple neck and Madagascar Ebony fretboard but now that you mention CITIES... Assuming ebony is affected?

Ebony is okay dude. Main woods affected under the new regulations are Rosewood, Cocobolo and Bubinga.

narad

Reaction score
Yes, we certainly need all the rare PRSy tonewoods for the floyd-rose drop-tuned shred guitar with EMGs.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Yes, we certainly need all the rare PRSy tonewoods for the floyd-rose drop-tuned shred guitar with EMGs.
katalox is pretty common in north america actually. It's not a rare wood (yet). It's a great alternative to woods in the ebony family (diospyros genus) since it's easier to find, more eco friendly and feels really great. My knightro explorer has a katalox neck and it's very smooth/hard like ebony, but it has really interesting coloring (mostly black with some dark purple parts).
It's not like asking if someone could put bois de rose or brazilian rosewood on their guitar.

narad

Reaction score
katalox is pretty common in north america actually. It's not a rare wood (yet). It's a great alternative to woods in the ebony family (diospyros genus) since it's easier to find, more eco friendly and feels really great. My knightro explorer has a katalox neck and it's very smooth/hard like ebony, but it has really interesting coloring (mostly black with some dark purple parts).
It's not like asking if someone could put bois de rose or brazilian rosewood on their guitar.

Oh? Only saw the good stuff on PRS wood library / private stock so far.

MoonJelly

a subtle stinging sensation..
Reaction score
PRS is one of the first to catch on. It's a little unusual to find the curly/mottled figure, but it's still not in high demand. I think it's gorgeous, but some luthiers just won't use it because it's hard to work.

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
Had my Skype call this morning, spec's are laid out. Very exciting stuff. Decided against a Cimmerian this time around. Anyone else choosing one of the lesser used body styles? Dylan mentioned this batch would have 20 guitars in it as well.

NickB11

Reaction score
My call is set for tomorrow - can't wait!

Had my Skype call this morning, spec's are laid out. Very exciting stuff. Decided against a Cimmerian this time around. Anyone else choosing one of the lesser used body styles? Dylan mentioned this batch would have 20 guitars in it as well.

I was kicking around the idea of going with a Chronicler or Tele style but the more I looked at it, I wasn't digging it as much as the Cimmerian, especially for my first Daemoness. Some of the "v" shapes looked killer as well...can't go wrong!

savage

Sine Qua Non
Reaction score
im excited for all you guys that made it on the current batch! Like @narad im also scheduled for the next batch (deposited nov 7). How many of you guys have completely scrapped your initial plans? I know I’m all over the place as of now haha.
On another note, I wonder if Dylan can supply the Cities permit to import rosewood. I know Carillion did fill out the form for my order. I still want a rosewood neck!

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
im excited for all you guys that made it on the current batch! Like @narad im also scheduled for the next batch (deposited nov 7). How many of you guys have completely scrapped your initial plans? I know I’m all over the place as of now haha.
On another note, I wonder if Dylan can supply the Cities permit to import rosewood. I know Carillion did fill out the form for my order. I still want a rosewood neck!
I'll probably be in the second batch as well (nov 9th). I scrapped my 8 string explorer idea and some of the wood choices, but I'm keeping the ragnarok theme intact.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score

Mine is still a toss up between a Hadian or an Ironbird. Can’t wait for my Skype call.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
My skype call is imminent, Still need specs sorted out. What do you guys think of these as tops for Cimmerians? Bear in mind I'm looking for something a little off the wall.

nv14ow.jpg

mbs36s.jpg

n6uhw5.png

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
i'd go with the second one personally.

Thanks for your input dude. I'm liking that a lot as well. Mahogany body...considering throwing in an Oil City Blackbird in the Bridge and an Oil City Tokaido Bullet in the neck.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Thanks for your input dude. I'm liking that a lot as well. Mahogany body...considering throwing in an Oil City Blackbird in the Bridge and an Oil City Tokaido Bullet in the neck.
i feel like the other top is a bit too tame comparatively, though i'm sure dylan would do something interesting with it.
i need to get around to installing the blackbird i bought lol

')