Official Frost Thread

stevemcqueen

Namby Pamby
Reaction score
I searched and searched Sevenstring.org and found a couple of references to these guys so felt it time to start a thread. If you have not heard these guys then you need to check them out. Some of the best progressive out there. I want to put them in the same category as Dream Theater but some people may be angry at that! Just do yourself a favor and check out Black Light Machine and Hyperventilate and see what you think.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mgh

Betwixt and Between
Reaction score

i agree totally. great band. they have released two studio and 1 live album, then mainman Jem Godfrey put them on hold, but he announced earlier this year there would be a 3rd album coming out (Jem Godfrey is a talented producer who has written lots of pop hits inc US and UK No1 for Atomic Kitten...unbelievable but true. Currently playing the keys for Satch and Vai on the European leg of G3)
just announced gig in London in December with It Bites...can't wait!

Dan Halen

Reaction score

i agree totally. great band. they have released two studio and 1 live album, then mainman Jem Godfrey put them on hold, but he announced earlier this year there would be a 3rd album coming out (Jem Godfrey is a talented producer who has written lots of pop hits inc US and UK No1 for Atomic Kitten...unbelievable but true. Currently playing the keys for Satch and Vai on the European leg of G3)
just announced gig in London in December with It Bites...can't wait!

I JUST found these guys the other day. Im QUITE impressed. although i thought the singer/keyboardest would look a lot.....stranger...maybe longer hair and more lines on his faces like a mad scientist. but still uncontrollably awesome!!!

Espaul

Reaction score
Milliontown is my absolute favorite song from them!

Jem (the keybord player) has started work on their third album, I just hope it won't take years before it comes :) Although I think he is finished with what they did on milliontown, I'm still hoping it will be back!

piggins411

Reaction score
I love that Hyperventilate song, but there's something that always deters me from their other stuff

Espaul

Reaction score
I really like this band and have been following them for quite some time now.
I think it's a shame they don't get recognized as the prog geniuses they are.
Here's my thoughts on why they don't (just for kicks). :)

This band is not popular because it's:

To soft for prog metal fans.

To polished for retro prog fans.

To intricate for popular music "fans".

ddtonfire

Reaction score
I'm a prog metal fan who listens to retro and some poppy stuff too and I adore Frost*. Definitely a top five band for me. My favorite's the secret song at the end of Wonderland, followed closely by Milliontown!

Dan Halen

Reaction score
Personally im a big Hyperventilate fan. that song is super great. and i really like black light machine. ive yet to hear everything but im deffinitly interested.

atimoc

deus ex machina
Contributor
Reaction score
I think I've posted this before, but it deserves a repost. Mind = blown from 4:25 onwards

Milliontown is definitely in my top 10 albums of all time :wub: