Official Guitar Logistics build thread.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
I know I posted this earlier but I like it so much I am going to show it again!!!

This is my new 7 string pickup. It will also be available in 6 and 8 string models. The blades are a little heavier than the major manufactures 6 string versions of this design. These pictures are right after I did the test fit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jexey

Reaction score
The black dye was surprising on the FF7. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Really beautiful blades up there too, those pups are so discreet and classy.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
The black dye was surprising on the FF7. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Really beautiful blades up there too, those pups are so discreet and classy.

The black with the red neck makes for great contrast.

I am still not sure about the black dye. I may sand it back and see where it is. These one piece Genuine Mahogany bodies have not had the color I wanted so they need to be dyed a bit anyway. So either the black dye turns into black grain fill or I make it black black.

I am also still undecided on the final finish. Not sure if it gets my standard oil varnish or a satin varnish finish. I will know more this weekend once I get it assembled and tested.

As for the blades. Thanks! I am glad they come across as intended. You know me I am forever a minimalist so don't like overly ornate or fancy things..

RestorationAD

Reaction score
Starting another T9 (Basically an S9 Single Cut)

Black Limba body, Limba neck, Macassar Ebony fretboard. Similar to the last one but simpler as there will be no veneers.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
I am not sure this top will work as it is not wide enough... and I am not going to splice it in the middle. I do have a few crazy ideas about splicing the outside edges.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
The Laguna is amazing. I can rip through a 7" Indian Rosewood board in a bout 30 seconds. And the bookmatched boards only need one pass through the drum sander.
Indian rosewood tops.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
I lost track of this one somehow... I decided I need to get it finished. Here are the shots right before gluing the board to the neck.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
Khaya neck with purple heart lams. This will probably be for a 8 string multiscale.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
And the ziricote I am planning on using for a secret project. I had 2 pieces with some nasty little voids in them. I filled them with epoxy after this shot.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
I have spent 2 weekends gluing up body blanks and neck blanks so it has been less than exciting at the shop.

I did get the cocobolo S907 sanded up and ready for finishing.

The Multiscale 7 is still being tested with a dry fit for parts and pickups.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
Top is cut and ready for sanding. Always take the bulk of the wood from the side away from the bookmatch when thickness sanding. This preserves the bookmatch. I will sand the bookmatch side in a light pass after it is joined.

Fretboard needs to be thickness sanded as well. Usually 6mm is about right to start on wide boards.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
Adding some wings to the neck blank so it is wide enough for the neck.

Joined the top. The body is one piece Sapele so no need to do anything other than thickness sand it.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
Neck blank and templates. This is a work in progress so some things may be adjusted by hand. The tabs on the neck blank are for index pins on the CNC.

It is really not as big as it looks... really.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
Time to get some wood together. While I really enjoy putting the woods together it can be tedious going through the piles of wood on the shelf to find the right pieces.
It was a very tough choice between the fretboards.
The losers.

The winner. Fretboard on the left.

')