Official Guitar Logistics build thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Shaun is a lucky man. That's a sweet looking guitar. I like that you've prepared/finished the wenge so well.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
Man that bass IS ,,,ing huge,.,Hey Brett,.,why no Zero pics here???

Eh I didn't think anyone would care. But for you Jack I will post them.

Shaun is a lucky man. That's a sweet looking guitar. I like that you've prepared/finished the wenge so well.

Thank you sir. I can't say that it was easy. Wenge is not fun to work with. You have to understand how much it hates you to make it look nice. :lol:

Thanks for that... That's gonna save me a lot of trouble one day! :idea::yesway:

Did some reading on your blog again and gotta say, that's an interesting way to slot multiscales!

I am glad someone is reading that blog...

I am not sure there are a lot of ways to slot a multiscale board. Doing it by hand is just crazy. I don't like close enough. Using the CNC and templates it makes me feel warm and fuzzy knowing the frets are dead on.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
So I had some time to kill between lacquer coats on a customer guitar so I grabbed the white zero body off the hook and decided to start making a mess.

Not sure what I am up to with this paint scheme. For now lets just call it an experiment.

I have decided to not follow the Kamikaze theme but just pay respects to it. Some sort of 80s montage. Also bailing on the Kamikaze graphics and going much more American. I am planning on doing a Corsair theme with a picture of Boyington instead of the Kamikaze pilot. Should be fun.

RestorationAD

Reaction score

The real issue is now I think I need Black hardware for this. I already have all the chrome stuff ready. Oh well I will figure something out.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Perry Ormsby has expressed to me on a number of occasions his love/hate for wenge. When it's poorly finished it looks and feels terrible. You really gotta work for that stuff.

UnderTheSign

Reaction score
I am glad someone is reading that blog...

I am not sure there are a lot of ways to slot a multiscale board. Doing it by hand is just crazy. I don't like close enough. Using the CNC and templates it makes me feel warm and fuzzy knowing the frets are dead on.
Haha, I found it a lot easier than going through dozens of pages of this thread. Will be coming back to read more!

It seems slotting by hand (with help of all sorts of fancy jigs) is a common way to do so. Also depends on the tools you have availble I guess.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
Haha, I found it a lot easier than going through dozens of pages of this thread. Will be coming back to read more!

It seems slotting by hand (with help of all sorts of fancy jigs) is a common way to do so. Also depends on the tools you have availble I guess.

I repeat. Slotting by hand is crazy and sure it seems common on the internet because of all the guys trying it but I am sure as a boutique builder I ever want to go that route. If you are a hobbyist and you are building for yourself it is probably good enough.

Again thanks for checking out the blog!

RestorationAD

Reaction score
Thanks for the pimp Jexey.

The burl multiscale and I got into a serious fight and it ended up getting a new finish a few weeks ago. Jexey has patiently been waiting for it to cure so I can buff it out and assemble it.

The S6 Bass needed the rear pickup redesigned as it did not compliment the P-Bass style pickup enough. I will be finishing that up this weekend.

Cheers!

James Hart

Reaction score
Hey Brett, just stopping in to say I dig what I see, read, and hear. I just sent you an email for something I've got rattling around in my head :)

I always forget to stop into this forum... I wish I could get to it in Tapatalk.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
Hey Brett, just stopping in to say I dig what I see, read, and hear. I just sent you an email for something I've got rattling around in my head :)

I always forget to stop into this forum... I wish I could get to it in Tapatalk.

James I sent you an email on that.

Always remember to check the blog for new posts!

Guitar Logistics

I will be dialing back production until January but I still have 3 left for this season. Updates coming.

Cheers!

RestorationAD

Reaction score
After a war with the burl maple here is where it stands. The new buffing system is great. Nitro still shrinks but at least it is shiny while it is shrinking.

Latest posts

')