Official Hip-Hop/Rap Thread

• Thread starter ESP_
  • Start date
  • Tags
    hip hop rap
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

broj15

Reaction score
Another new album out of no where.

just came in to post about this. After a couple listens I'd say I'd give it a 7 or 8/10. I didn't care for Up my Sleeves at all but I love Billy Not Really and Black Quarterback, and I loved the overall glitchy-ness. I'm definitely Interested to see what disc 2 sounds like. Not sure what I think about the theories about there being a lot of Kanye disses on the album though. Sometimes it feels plausible but I don't feel like doing something like that is DG's style.

current Death Grips power rankings (IMO)
Exmilitary=NLDW (controversial :ugh:) > TMS >> NOTM >>>>> Govt. Plates.

teamSKDM

Reaction score

chester goes in, and is really creative if you look into his album, its like a story, almost written like a play, with acts etc etc.

Pedantic

(Djent pun)
Reaction score
Death R.I.P.'s the breakup is really disappointing, but there is hope for Jenny Death. I'm worried that the album won't come out and they're just fvcking with us.

Skyblue

Reaction score
Might be a good place to put this-
An Israeli group made a complete show completely rapped- they call it a hip hop opera. I've seen it in Hebrew and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen- both theater wise and music wise. They translated it into english and went to perform it in england not to long ago, here's the trailer, so to speak-

And if you guys want to be weirded out with some hebrew hip hop by the same guys-

The only hip-hop or rap related music I listen to :lol:

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Ive been jamming out this dude sparkmaster tape , Hes like progressive rap. Hes beats are constantly changing throught the songs, and his videos are ....ing genius!

To add to his already awesomeness, theres some mystery behind him. No one knows who he is. hes never played a show, hes never shown his face, hes never publicly stated that whoever he really is, IS sparkmaster tape. Just some genius anonymous internet rapper.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Pretty cool stuff, although its funny that it sounds like he has droptuned his voice unless he has balls as large as soccer balls lol

teamSKDM

Reaction score
hahaha its a part of him hiding his identity. I think he may be european because of the steering wheel in the hanson brothers video

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
So I just stumbled upon this kid. I'm impressed.

Here's where he's "from" when he was 14.

Here's his mix tape from last year. He's like 18 now:

Kid's got potential but from interviews he's cocky as a ............ haha.

The one thing I found interesting was he was saying how he loves steeley dan and ....ing Weather Report.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
^ Astro is tight, tho he hasnt done anything in a while idk whats going on with him.

best song ive ever heard

')