Official Hip-Hop/Rap Thread

• Thread starter ESP_
  • Start date
  • Tags
    hip hop rap
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tm20

Reaction score

can't stop listening to this!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pweaks

Reaction score
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/wumusicgroup/a-better-tomorrow[/SC]
So, Wu-Tang just dropped a new track. Sounds crazy good, really looking forward to 2nd of December.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Great song, very nice change of pace from their usual.

Album leaked as well, haven't listened yet.

Pweaks

Reaction score
New Death Grips song came out yesterday. For me, this is probably the best material I've heard from them.

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
Disclaimer:
<-- middle-aged white guy just catching up to what he missed since the late 80's :lol:

I just found out about Run the Jewels, and MAN have I missed out! Picked up RTJ2 a couple weeks ago, bought Killer Mike's R.A.P Music and EL-P's Cancer4Cure last night - amazing stuff!

AdamMaz

Reaction score
I just found out about Run the Jewels, and MAN have I missed out! Picked up RTJ2 a couple weeks ago, bought Killer Mike's R.A.P Music and EL-P's Cancer4Cure last night - amazing stuff!
Probably one of the very best runs of back-to-back albums in hip hop for years :yesway:

The only great project I've heard in months:

TheFerryMan

Sauvage
Reaction score
To pimp a butterfly is well on its way to being AOTY for me. Neck and neck with Alpha/omega. The song writing on new KDot is humbling.

mongey

Reaction score
I've been listening the hell out of run the jewels 2 for 5 months now

1st hip hop album in ages I have actually listeedn to more than 5 times

chevymeister

Reaction score
Don't hate on me for saying this but I just don't get why people think Kendrick is so good. I wasn't too big on him other than a few tracks here and there I liked from each album.

mongey

Reaction score
Disclaimer:
<-- middle-aged white guy just catching up to what he missed since the late 80's :lol:

cancer 4 cure isn't the best elp solo IMHO. Pick up I'll sleep when your dead . I love that album

the 1st RTJ album is great too. more low key than the 2nd but some good stuff on there

also if you like ELP's stuff you cant go past cannibal ox album . some of his best and out there production IMHO . that album is probably in the top 5 all time hop hop for me

Luna Lee

Reaction score
can't get into the new czarface, I love doom but I can't get into the new czarface for some reason.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
I don't know if he has been brought up, but Hopsin is seriously awesome. I haven't listened to his newest album, but 2010's Raw is just a cut above the majority of rap I've heard. Aggressive and intelligent are the themes that dominate the album. He's just very pissed off. I think my two favorite tracks are Kill Her and Trampoline. He's interesting as an artist too because he makes all of his own music and comes up with the concepts for most of his music videos, so besides being lyrically inclined, he is musically talented as well.

Kill Her

Trampoline

mongey

Reaction score
just got the new cannibal ox album. I didn't know it had come out and stumbled across it

I rate it as good after 3 or 4 listens. no where near as good as the original but there's some good stuff on there

loqtrall

Banned
Reaction score
I've always been keen to Choppers, there's just something I love about that style and precision. I'm a super big fan of Tech N9ne.

Tech Wrath

Reaction score
Well let's revive this thread.

Anyone excited for the new Kendrick Lamar album dropping Friday? Also Joey bada$$'s? I think Logic is also dropping an album in May. Great fun dude, not amazed by his music though. Still excited. Also earl sweatshirt, schoolboy Q, and big Sean and many more are also dropping albums this year. Seems like it'll be a great year for hip hop. Enough of this mumble rap stuff!

Masoo2

Reaction score
Interested in seeing what Logic drops. Bobby Tarantino was great but haven't really kept up with any of his other releases. Big Sean's I Decided was excellent as well.

I'm a huge underground/mumble rap fan though, so I'm most excited to see what Pouya, Fat Nick, Oliver Francis, Smokepurpp, and Lil Pump have in store. A new hit single from Ugly God or Lil Boat wouldn't hurt either.

Just not into that overly lyrical stuff like Kendrick/TDE/J Cole or basically anything that takes major influence from 90s East/West coast rap aka "tru hip hop." I LOVE some Three 6 Mafia influenced stuff though, I truly wonder what Da Devil's Playground 2 would have turned out like if Koopsta didn't pass away.

')