Official Hip-Hop/Rap Thread

• Thread starter ESP_
  • Start date
  • Tags
    hip hop rap
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Childish Gambinos new album has leaked, and I really like it. It feels like he's finally starting to get more comfortable as a rapper and that he's finding his style.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
Long Arm makes some amazing instrumental trip/hip hop stuff. His album, "The Branches" is one of my all-time tops.

Here's a track he did with Teknical Development.

The rest of these are instrumental. Really amazing, chilled-out jazz-inspired stuff.

This thread also needs way more of these dudes. Serious flow. They're also fvcking hilarious.

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
Hopsin. /thread.

Knock Madness was pretty good, but I don't see myself putting it on very much. I'm getting really tired of him talking about how Ruthless fvcked him over in almost every song he makes. Also something that annoyed me was how in one song he says something about not doing collabs to get attention...then he does a song with Tech N9ne later on that same album. It's a smart move on Hop's part as Tech N9ne is amazing and has a huge fan base, but let's be honest; Tech N9ne is a huge name in hip hop and Hopsin is still relatively underground in comparison. It was totally a move meant to bring Hopsin to more listeners ears, which contradicts his lyrics about not doing exactly that later on the same record lol

I expected Knock Madness to be way better than it was. It was kinda disappointing overall.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
Knock Madness was pretty good, but I don't see myself putting it on very much. I'm getting really tired of him talking about how Ruthless fvcked him over in almost every song he makes. Also something that annoyed me was how in one song he says something about not doing collabs to get attention...then he does a song with Tech N9ne later on that same album. It's a smart move on Hop's part as Tech N9ne is amazing and has a huge fan base, but let's be honest; Tech N9ne is a huge name in hip hop and Hopsin is still relatively underground in comparison. It was totally a move meant to bring Hopsin to more listeners ears, which contradicts his lyrics about not doing exactly that later on the same record lol

I expected Knock Madness to be way better than it was. It was kinda disappointing overall.

I agree with this. Except for the Tech N9ne thing. He says he doesn't do collabs just to get his name out there. He does collabs with artists he likes, and I think the track he did with Tech was by far the best on the album. I had higher hopes for it, and there are a lot of cheesy lyrics on the album. There are a handful of decent tracks, but not entirely worth the wait. He's still one of my current favorite rappers, but honestly the genre isn't the highest on my list of genres I'm actively into. Hell, the only reason I heard of Hopsin is because I was/am a pretty big fan of Tech and they've collabed in the past.

Dcm81

Reaction score
:eek: Can't beleive nobody mentioned Onyx yet :scratch: Being into Metal from an early age, Onyx opened the door to Rap/Hip-Hop for me cause they were just as ....in' aggressive as any brutal riff :hbang:

Does Foreign Beggars qualify for this thread? :D....in love these dudes :yesway:

Of course, it's definately Rap :yesway: If you're diggin' them you have to check the latest album "The Uprising" - some great stuff on there....Apex is brutal!

If you like U.K. rappers I find Dr. Syntax pretty entertaining:

And Stig of the Dump can freestyle!
Stig Of The Dump vs Master Apps MC Rap Battle (The Jump Off 80) - YouTube

And for anyone else that likes the heavy electronic production check this song out:

They're Dutch so bear in mind that English isn't their mother tongue.

Greyvy

Reaction score
Hopsin is trash lol.

Ya'll niggas need some lil ugly mane

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
ugly mane is gonna drop his next LP and then disappear into underground lore. can't wait for that.

yall need to lay off the backpackers and taste the majesty of young thugger

Greyvy

Reaction score
ugly mane is gonna drop his next LP and then disappear into underground lore. can't wait for that.

can't wait for that to drop. LUM is also does black metal (Vudmurk) and power electronics (Head Molt) if you didn't know.

My personal favorite LUM song. Has one of the nastiest beats I've ever heard.

Enter my chamber you never will leave
Festering bodies will cover the streets
satanic prophecies christian hypocrisies
bury me deep in the filth and diseas
Open my mind and then hammer it closed
Into the darkness I'm strangled and choked
Tracing the patterns and numbers in smoke
blood on my dagger from enemies throats
Crucify ghosts in a frozen abyss
Ocean of planets in total eclipse
Know where I wander wherever I drift
Using a razor to open my wrists
My body is vacant, my soul is enslaved
to a hatred as ancient as day and night
Ladder of Jacob, the devil awakened in hell I'm created
I pray tonight

Corrupted by the darkness, now you fall into an endless sleep

Same wolf from that folklore
Drinking blood right out of that that goat horn
I'm postmortem, these boys want war ill transport em
right to hell, in a trance when I write the spell
leave the blood on my hands cause i like the smell
In the death business, you the clientele
mother fukrs can't win cause im tryna fail
Flesh is the fabric that covers my robes
Blood is the matter that built up my throne
Nothing but shadows, I'm waiting alone
Deep in my coffin, I call it my home
Cowering and broken, I'm a victim of my evil deeds
but i don't need your sympathy
im comfortable in misery

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
There is some dark ass rap out there, but this one has to be one of the darkest. TL;DL - guy beats and rapes rapes his mum by accident and commits suicide.

That twist in the last verse ...

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
can't wait for that to drop. LUM is also does black metal (Vudmurk) and power electronics (Head Molt) if you didn't know.

yeah I'm up on LUM completely. that song is definitely dope, but I like the storytelling after that more than the Three Six Mafia worship you quoted, still dope. You can tell he knows his shit how effortlessly he switches between styles rap and production wise.

the last single he dropped was crazy as well.

also this features is pretty deadly.

')