Official Hip-Hop/Rap Thread

• Thread starter ESP_
  • Start date
  • Tags
    hip hop rap
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Greyvy

Reaction score

i know people dont like riff but his music is very fun

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score

Why? + Dose One + Odd Nosdam = Clouddead. Abstract ambient hip-hop from Oakland, Ca. Anticon label

davidengel

Reaction score

I'm sure Immortal Technique has been posted previously in the thread, but this isn't one of his popular tracks, I love all of "The Third World"! :hbang:

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
How do you guys feel about Tyler, The Creator? and Odd Future in general?

I think some of his more "teen angsty" stuff is meh, like IFHY.

However I think a lot of his stuff is just brilliant, like this song for example.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
i know people dont like riff but his music is very fun

Hahah dude I love Riff Raff, a lot of people hate him but you just can't take him seriously. He just has fun.

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
I didn't see him mentioned in this thread, but aside from all the bullshit surrounding him, I've really been into Drake's Nothing Was the Same record for a while now. Tracks like Too Much, From Time, and the notoriously infamous Hold On really hit me on that album. Give it a listen if you guys get the chance. There's the usual stuff by Drake I'm not too keen on featured in that record as well, but overall I really dig it. I'd link you all to those tracks if I could, but I'm on at work so I can't look up any YouTube stuff.

Splenetic

Reaction score
I have never heard of this guy before, but I came across this single and am very excited for his upcoming project.

Click image for Soundcloud single

This single's lyrics + release (maybe even album?) art has me hoping its a concept album, as it reminds me of a certain Section 80...

His first album "The Best Part" is a 10 outta 10 album. Must own classic.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
I found All Of The Above, but can't find that one.

Freddie Gibbs x Madlib project leaked and is very good thus far, ordered the LP :yesway:

teamSKDM

Reaction score

Theres this underground style that im not exactly sure how familiar some members may be with, but its called witch house. it doesnt originate in south florida, but this style is definitely bleeding into south florida rap with rappers like denzel curry, and other small rappers. dark ambient, scary beats, but where as witch house is very calm (as to make it more eerie) rappers are taking that style and adding energy to it here in florida. thought Id share with some fellow rap fans to show a new upcoming style in hiphop.

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
Man I can't stop listening to the new ScHoolboy Q album. Strong contender for rap album of the year

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score

Theres this underground style that im not exactly sure how familiar some members may be with, but its called witch house. it doesnt originate in south florida, but this style is definitely bleeding into south florida rap with rappers like denzel curry, and other small rappers. dark ambient, scary beats, but where as witch house is very calm (as to make it more eerie) rappers are taking that style and adding energy to it here in florida. thought Id share with some fellow rap fans to show a new upcoming style in hiphop.

I wouldn't say that Denzel or any of the Florida rappers are directly influenced by witch house. they are emulating old Three Six Mafia stuff more than anything else.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Nah they definitely are into alot of it, I hear about it alot considering you know I live here haha. also note, that song I posted by denzel is about a kid being posessed by a demon that causes him to come off soulless, and commit crimes.

But even so, that earlier 3 six mafia stuff itself is a big influence in alot of witch house anyways as well so both influences kinda go hand in hand.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
Ugly Mane just produced a really nice atmospheric track for Antwon, btw. Should be right up your alley.

mongey

Reaction score
been in a bit of hip hop resurgence lately. few months ago got put onto Tyler ,the Creator in an article and been listening the crap out of Goblin and Wolf . Got Bastard as well but dont rate it like the other 2

really dig the whole back story he has going on in those albums

Latest posts

')