Official Hip-Hop/Rap Thread

• Thread starter ESP_
  • Start date
  • Tags
    hip hop rap
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Greyvy

Reaction score
its safe to say lil ugly mane will murder every track he is on, and his features are always the best part of that song. i wouldnt be surprised it that is his last guest verse though

Splenetic

Reaction score
I found All Of The Above, but can't find that one.

Freddie Gibbs x Madlib project leaked and is very good thus far, ordered the LP :yesway:

There's a bunch of tracks on youtube. I ....ing love this track.

teamSKDM

Reaction score

this 16 year old swedish god by the mortal name of yung lean has become the god of rap.

louis duffle bags filled with heroine.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
just some recent stuff ive been bumping lately. it weird, Im so much more passionate about metal than I am rap, But i listen to sooo many more rappers than I do bands, and I listen to rap most of the time im listening to music. probably because new and good rap is coming out all the time,while metal takes years to release a new album sometimes. any way, more south florida stuff.

fun fact, robbs lines about pokemon/naruto/dbz are sick, and that beat has a sample from the naruto shippuden soundtrack.

also, spaceghostpurpp is a big fan of meshuggah.

broj15

Reaction score
Theres this underground style that im not exactly sure how familiar some members may be with, but its called witch house. it doesnt originate in south florida, but this style is definitely bleeding into south florida rap with rappers like denzel curry, and other small rappers. dark ambient, scary beats, but where as witch house is very calm (as to make it more eerie) rappers are taking that style and adding energy to it here in florida. thought Id share with some fellow rap fans to show a new upcoming style in hiphop.

N64 was underwhelming compared to Strictly 4 My Raiderz. Thats actually probably the weakest song on the album in my opinion. The beat and the hook are corny and the verses are like some Hopsin-tier edgy teenager shit. And I'll agree with DLG. Raider Klan (former members included) is influenced waaaaayy more by Triple 6 than witch house. Darker beats in hip hop has been going on for the past 25 years and is hardly a "new thing".

teamSKDM

Reaction score
N64 was underwhelming compared to Strictly 4 My Raiderz. Thats actually probably the weakest song on the album in my opinion. The beat and the hook are corny and the verses are like some Hopsin-tier edgy teenager shit. And I'll agree with DLG. Raider Klan (former members included) is influenced waaaaayy more by Triple 6 than witch house. Darker beats in hip hop has been going on for the past 25 years and is hardly a "new thing".

im not saying it is new, youve got me a little twisted my man. I mean the term/subgenre witch house is upcoming, not exactly the sound. Triple6 is an influence to witchhouse alot in itsef blended with hip hop, especially with bones stuff,xavierwulf/ethelwulf/ etc etc. I know they .... with alot of the people in the witchhouse community. and then theirs groups like salem i listed which is mostly pure witchhouse, with the occasional rap/witchhouse songs tossed in.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
this is exactly what the world needs right now. Vintage Dipset sound, Camron and Just Blaaaaaaze

gives me the chills. like I'm back in 2003 and Diplomatic Immunity just dropped.

also, the beat sample is Yes - Our Song :)

TheFerryMan

Sauvage
Reaction score
I know i'm super late to the game but Childish Gambino's "Because The internet" is a freaking masterpiece.

teamSKDM

Reaction score

damn, i been listening to so much xavierwulf lately. I love his albums he has with bones i think both of them do the best together than seperate for the most part.

Cyntex

love & peace!
Reaction score
Hey, could someone recommend me some non-english rap? I only know of Shurik'n (French) besides some artists in Dutch.

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score
I'm loving the hell out out of the new wave of rap using super chill, ambient beats like Ethelwulf does. Suicideyear makes fantastic stuff.

I was even inspired to make some beats myself :lol:

See if you can recognize the sample in this one!

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/stc423/f-o-l-k-l-o-r-e[/SC]

And another random one!

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/stc423/chill-not-mastered[/SC]

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
Doom is top five dead or alive.

Hasn't done much interesting stuff lately, but his run from Operation Doomsday to Madvilliany was a thing of legends.

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
idk man, born like this and key to the kuffs were both great albums. doom is one of my favorite rappers, so I might be a bit biased, but I honestly think he has not put out a bad album yet

lukeshallperish

Total Gear Slut
Reaction score
gotdamn! i went through all 8 pages and seriously, there is just NOT. ENOUGH. N9NE on here. Tech is by far my favorite rapper of all time. I like a lot of the Strange artists though too. Mayday is really good, as well as Ritz.

BuckarooBanzai

Reaction score
this is exactly what the world needs right now. Vintage Dipset sound, Camron and Just Blaaaaaaze

gives me the chills. like I'm back in 2003 and Diplomatic Immunity just dropped.

also, the beat sample is Yes - Our Song :)

As soon as I read this I decided to listen. One of my favorite Yes songs. Can't believe they flipped it - sounds INCREDIBLE.

Latest posts

')