Official Loomis brotherhood thread?

• Thread starter yellowv
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulletbass man

Classical & Metal
Reaction score
It all comes down to do you want something different.

Also keep in mind the switch between a floyd and a tom is a pretty big switch. I remember the first time I went from strat type trem to tom It took a little adjusting. Then going from tom to floyd was an adjustment.

But then again I have absolutely no problem using just about anything. I guess it was cause when I made those changes I had only been playing guitar for about 6 months.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score

70Seven

Ibanez Foerever!!!
Reaction score
Holy shit!!! Your the guys whos video i watched on youtube that made me buy my loomis. :wub:

For real though, thats hella trip

Haha same here. I had my eye on the guitar so I youtube'd it to find reviews and there was a video of JonnyBravo saying when he bought his there was no review anywhere so he made a video review to help others, guess what Jonny, it worked haha.

Awesome job on the covers.

ToneCrafter

Tone Magician
Reaction score
Well, I'm being told my Loomis will be in by no later than this coming Friday. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

zombietime

Reaction score
Haha same here. I had my eye on the guitar so I youtube'd it to find reviews and there was a video of JonnyBravo saying when he bought his there was no review anywhere so he made a video review to help others, guess what Jonny, it worked haha.

Awesome job on the covers.

I love Jeff Loomis solo album, I'm defenetly buying it. I've been searching for an album like this for a while!

Rules, no. Laws, probably. Don't ever admit to stuff like this.

kingkabong

Reaction score
I posted some of these in my hello thread, here they are again.

Love this guitar. Now that I've had a couple weeks with it and I'm used to the neck, I love it!

loomis1-1.jpg

loomis2-1.jpg

loomis3.jpg

loomis4.jpg

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great pics man. Btw - do some of you guys notice that the frets have a flattish top on them and that some of the tuners aren't really aligned? I setup my loomis this weekend and being a stickler for detail I noticed these things.

kingkabong

Reaction score
Great pics man. Btw - do some of you guys notice that the frets have a flattish top on them and that some of the tuners aren't really aligned? I setup my loomis this weekend and being a stickler for detail I noticed these things.

Yeah, my frets aren't perfectly crowned and the guitar in general was pretty dirty. The shop claims it was unplayed. Anyway, I had some dirty frets and a really dirty fretboard, but it wasn't playing dirt, it was like from steel wool residue or something.

I didn't notice any issue with the tuners. Do you mean they aren't spaced correctly on the headstock?

It came setup pretty well, the action was a bit high. I've dropped that down and still don't have open string buzz. I do get some fret slap now that my action is so low, but it's not bad. Overall I'm really happy with it.

I still prefer the Jackson Warrior shape of my WR1s, but tuning to drop-A on one of those just isn't as playable as it is on the Loomis. :)

Here's a picture a took of the dirtiness, you can see a piece of steel wool sticking out of one of the frets.

fretwiredirtyboard.jpg

axechain

ByoSeven
Reaction score
whaiting for mine for so fu-ing long... how is the floyd? haven`t seen a video of someone using the floyd.

Reaction score
The Setup on mine was immaculate. Frets were fine no issues what so ever. Just for grins...I'm good friends with the guy that designed the Jackson Warriors.

')