Official Loomis brotherhood thread?

• Thread starter yellowv
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Wrap plumbers tape around the threads where it screws in. That should fix the problem. It did with mine.

Teflon tape works well, but I had an idea that you just get a small rubber o-ring and put it on over the threads and then tighten the collar down. That should work very well. I haven't tried it though as it really doesn't bother me on any of my 3 floyded guitars.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Not hard at all. The only problem one might have is drilling the hole for the switch to 1/2". The present potientiometer hole is 1/4" and the switch hole is already at 1/2" so the use of a larger washer to support the Volume Pot is a must if you move it. I got my switch from DigiKey. Just search rocker switches and get an on-on-on SPDT switch. There's plenty of wire in the back cavity. Undo the zip ties to move things about. For those wondering EMG and Seymour uses the exact same Pots for the Blackouts and 707's.

I figured the holes weren't the same size. While I love the idea I don't think I could bear drilling on the Loomis. Although if you go from the top down and put a nice thick peice of tape over the hole before drilling there is very little chance of hurting anything.

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
Teflon tape works well, but I had an idea that you just get a small rubber o-ring and put it on over the threads and then tighten the collar down. That should work very well.

or you could just buy a whole new OFR trem arm assembly...

they're very cheap to replace and you don't have to keep driving yourself nuts trying to find ways to keep the bar in place where you want it :shrug:.

Tremolo Arm for Floyd Rose Locking Tremolo at Stewart-MacDonald

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score
I figured the holes weren't the same size. While I love the idea I don't think I could bear drilling on the Loomis. Although if you go from the top down and put a nice thick piece of tape over the hole before drilling there is very little chance of hurting anything.

Instead of drilling you could use a reamer very slowly and check the diameter every five turns or so.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
If i used the plumbers tape idea would i still be able to unscrew the arm if i wanted?

Yeah. Plumbers tape doesn't even actually stick it is just a very thin white tape made with teflon that prevents pipe joint leaks by sealing into the threads. It peels right off. You could also screw the arm off easily with an o-ring. Both are very cheap and very easily reversible solutions.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Roll of tape.
008-6.jpg

010-4.jpg

Cut off a small piece and wrap around threads as such. I did it a little sloppy just to be quick.
013-6.jpg

Bar installed. You can't see the tape at all if you wrap it neat.
015-5.jpg

The tape will come off mostly if you remove the bar. That is why I like the 0-ring as it is easily removable but it doesn't come off every time you take the bar off.
017-2.jpg

Just easily pull the rest off and it's like it was never there.
018-2.jpg

ToneCrafter

Tone Magician
Reaction score
I'm waiting impatiently for my Loomis to get here. I was quoted a two week back order, but of course the two weeks have come and gone......still no guitar yet! I can't wait to get it though!

SuperSnake2012

5/7 stringer
Reaction score
I just wanted to say, that the Loomis was definitely made be be played on stage. The finish and wood grain really pops under stage lights :)

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Changed the knob from Cosmo to black. I like it. Like the blackest, black night :)

002-7.jpg

003-4.jpg

')