Official Loomis brotherhood thread?

• Thread starter yellowv
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

70Seven

Ibanez Foerever!!!
Reaction score
I'm coming guys. Just bought mine on Ebay for 899$ the FR model too.

I called my local guitar store and they had to order one in, it was 1200$ CND and a 4 MONTH WAIT. So Ebay it had to be. I'll post pics when I get it.

Cheers.

Reaction score

I called my local guitar store and they had to order one in, it was 1200$ CND and a 4 MONTH WAIT. So Ebay it had to be. I'll post pics when I get it.

Cheers.

nice to hear that, i got mine for a little less than 1200 via local guitar store, they also ordered it online, did you get the FR model or the non FR?

Reaction score
Mine should be here within an hour.. out for delivery!

got it for $775 shipped with the case, and its fuckin mint

damn, this thing plays pretty well. I like it!

Reaction score
Mine should be here within an hour.. out for delivery!

got it for $775 shipped with the case, and its fuckin mint

damn, this thing plays pretty well. I like it!

You betcha they play pretty well!
Loomis.jpg

ToneCrafter

Tone Magician
Reaction score

Cheers.

4 month wait? Where do you live? You have me freaking now, mate. lol Mine is currently on back order, but expected by the end of the month. Or so I'm told.....

70Seven

Ibanez Foerever!!!
Reaction score
4 month wait? Where do you live? You have me freaking now, mate. lol Mine is currently on back order, but expected by the end of the month. Or so I'm told.....

I'm in Ottawa Canada, I went to Steves Music, biggest guitar store around. They had to order one in. All I know is Steves Music is not a 7-String friendly guitar store. No clue why it would take 4 months, are they ordering it from Korea directly? Anyway like I said I got mine on Ebay (new) for much cheaper and hopefully it will be here by the end of the week.

ToneCrafter

Tone Magician
Reaction score
I'm in Ottawa Canada, I went to Steves Music, biggest guitar store around. They had to order one in. All I know is Steves Music is not a 7-String friendly guitar store. No clue why it would take 4 months, are they ordering it from Korea directly? Anyway like I said I got mine on Ebay (new) for much cheaper and hopefully it will be here by the end of the week.

Glad you snagged one on ebay. Hopefully I don't have to wait 4 months. If that comes about, I'll just cancel the order and go with something else. I won't wait that long. lol

70Seven

Ibanez Foerever!!!
Reaction score
Just got mine today at noon. Been playing it ever since. Open the box, plug it in, change strings/clean it up, and play for another 6 hours.

This thing is amazing!!! I knew I would like it but I never imagined it would be this good. That neck is friggin HUGE, I had a RG7321 and played a RG1527 and the Loomis neck is WAY wider. I also love the 26.5 scale, makes the low B sound much better, I would have never known. And I always played guitars with 3 spring in the back, this one has 4 and I love the extra tension, my rythym are mich tighter with this guitar.

I'm blown away by thins thing. Its been a while since I felt like this for a guitar. Its my first non Ibanez in 15 years and I could not be happier with this.

Potos coming one day soon, I'm just on a break cuz my fingers hurt to much from playing.

zombietime

Reaction score
Just got mine today at noon. Been playing it ever since. Open the box, plug it in, change strings/clean it up, and play for another 6 hours.

This thing is amazing!!! I knew I would like it but I never imagined it would be this good. That neck is friggin HUGE, I had a RG7321 and played a RG1527 and the Loomis neck is WAY wider. I also love the 26.5 scale, makes the low B sound much better, I would have never known. And I always played guitars with 3 spring in the back, this one has 4 and I love the extra tension, my rythym are mich tighter with this guitar.

I'm blown away by thins thing. Its been a while since I felt like this for a guitar. Its my first non Ibanez in 15 years and I could not be happier with this.

Potos coming one day soon, I'm just on a break cuz my fingers hurt to much from playing.

Would you say the floyd rose version is the one to get? I have a Hamer with an original floyd so I was thinking of getting the non-trem loomis. I can't make up my mind though because a trem is nice to have at times and I can always get a tremel-no.

70Seven

Ibanez Foerever!!!
Reaction score
Would you say the floyd rose version is the one to get? I have a Hamer with an original floyd so I was thinking of getting the non-trem loomis. I can't make up my mind though because a trem is nice to have at times and I can always get a tremel-no.

Yeah I would say the trem version is the one to get. Its up to you really, I always buy guitars with a trem. If you understand how the trem works you can pretty much do everything with it that the non-trem can. Often enough trem guitars suffer with less sustain, like my Ibanez. But not this 0ne, the Ash body and I should say HEAVY ash body really sustains well. This guitar is heavy, like Les Pauls heavy. The sustain on this doubles the sustain on my Ibanez, I'm sure the EGM's help too. As for tension, I know fixed bridge or string thru guitar are usually tighter on the strings and have better attack. But again if you understand the trem its easy to replicate, just add a spring or two if you need and re-adjust the trem. This guitar comes stock with 4 spring so its prety tight but feels great that way.

So unless you prefer non trems/string thru, I would say the FR version is the one to get(a bit more expensive also).

Reaction score

Honestly, i regret getting the trem because i have almost no use for it. :lol: But i'll probably start using it once i actually get to doing the whole teflon tape thing yellow suggested.

zombietime

Reaction score
I think if I go for the loomis i'll get the trem version. I've been using a floyd equipped guitar for many years now and I know my way around them. A non-trem guitar would be a change for me though. Floyds just look cool as well. Still a tough decision. :D

')