Official Loomis brotherhood thread?

• Thread starter yellowv
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

J0NNYBRAV0

Reaction score
I've got one :D No pic but here's one of many videos.

*EDIT* Wow, and I just realised I've had my Loomis since September of 2007! Posted my video review of it Sept 4th 2007.

Knuxus

Loomis wannabe
Reaction score
4332010663_56dd018eef_b.jpg

My arrived recently

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
We demand pics! :agreed:

will do of course :agreed:

Should not take too long since I don't have to grind thru suck azz gloss finish [if there is a "I Hate GLOSS Brotherhood" :scream:...]

I can tell already that there any many of the LB that have much better grain on their Loomis than I do :bowdown:
None the less, sanding starts tonight.

Feb 9 - sanding away ha. There is a lot more clear matte satin on there than you may think, also same with the Vampire Blood, er stain ha. Can see one very small "filled" imperfection in the body. It was where it looked like black grain before sanding. Started on the back side. When I refinish it will have a LOT less stain and satin. Will it sound better, probably not the way I play lol... Not using any chemical remover or power tools so slow going so far. Don't want to make any grove etc that needs fixed later. also the control cover routes are really thin so don't want to f' them up either. Will post some pix in a different thread when more to show...

Feb 19th - omg there is a ton of really tough dark gray primer on these haha. Back fully sanded, not much grain on mine. Working a lot of OT so slow progress. Hope to complete sanding by this Friday. Will post pics then...

Knuxus

Loomis wannabe
Reaction score
One question, which strings gauge come from the factory, cuz this B doesnt seem like a 0.70

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
Really wanted one but they are charging £1000+ for it here and its really hard to get hold of, Same can be said for the Nergal sig LTD

Kuze512

Reaction score
Thanks man. Actually I'm going to swap them out for Dimarzios. As for clips do you mean audio? Because I do have audio clips.

Atomic_gerbil

Reaction score
Thanks man. Actually I'm going to swap them out for Dimarzios. As for clips do you mean audio? Because I do have audio clips.

I would love to hear them, as I just got my Loomis today. These 707's are cookin', but I'm thinking with the right stuff you might be able to change my mind!

DoctorStoner

θάλλ
Reaction score
*EDIT* Wow, and I just realised I've had my Loomis since September of 2007! Posted my video review of it Sept 4th 2007.

And I bought mine about a month later because of your review (and the fact that you were playing through a VK).

Kuze512, would you mind measuring those pickup rings for me? I have a warpig almost here and im just estimating on what size to make them right now...

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
Working too much, sanding going really slow. That primer is like steel ha. Plus not using any chemical removers or power sanders does not speed thing up.

I DO know what I am going to do the refinish in now though. Rate I'm going I will post it in about two months haha... It should look good I hope.

LoomisSanded4.jpg

LoomisSanded2.jpg

SuperSnake2012

5/7 stringer
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the tuners on their Loomis? The ones that come with the guitar are excellent, but I have one of the first run models - black hardware. I don't kow why Schecter sold it with a black FR trem, a chrome black knob and a set of chrome black tuners. I'm thinking of taking off the tuners and selling them, and putting on matching tuners and knobs. Only problem is most sellers only sell 6 tuners. Where can I buy just one?

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the tuners on their Loomis? The ones that come with the guitar are excellent, but I have one of the first run models - black hardware. I don't kow why Schecter sold it with a black FR trem, a chrome black knob and a set of chrome black tuners. I'm thinking of taking off the tuners and selling them, and putting on matching tuners and knobs. Only problem is most sellers only sell 6 tuners. Where can I buy just one?

Warmoth

')