Official Loomis brotherhood thread?

• Thread starter yellowv
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I demand better pics of that blue Loomis! I love it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bklixuz

Reaction score
hi bros!
I just got my loomis yesterday. A bit discourage at first the neck was too thick and factory settings was a disaster for me!
so, I changed the strings to super slinkys, set the guitar to my preference and BAM! plays like pink titties!
this thing roars on my jsx... im quite surprised on the emg's as well..
so here's my loomis:
DSC02874.jpg

can i join the loomis brotherhood? :D

jon66

Contributor
Reaction score
Im going to test one tomorrow from a guy locally (private sale)... If all goes well, I may be joining the brotherhood too... lol wish me luck

Panacea224

Reaction score
I bought my loomis in june of 2009, still love it. It has the feel of guitars that cost twice as much. I would like to join the loomis brotherhood.

bklixuz

Reaction score
It has the feel of guitars that cost twice as much.

right on brother!
i think im obsessed on this guitar. after having been using ibanez guitars for years this is my first time on a schecter (fat neck). after giving it a week, having set it up to my preferences the neck thickness did not matter at all and im loving the 707's! my first time on an OFR and I was very suprised! I did not had a hard time tuning unlike on ibanez trems edge, edge pro's, zr,s, etc... the OFR is like tuning in a fix bridge lol!
im definitely inlove with the loomis! :wub:

joshua-babbitt

7-String Abuser
Reaction score
I have a Loomis NT in satin black...soon to put in some Blackouts I think. Pics below..enjoy!

$(KGrHqIOKnEE4LgwcJU2BOD90YPgJg~~_12.JPG

$(KGrHqQOKiIE30FkQUDKBOD90YRwg!~~_12.JPG

$(KGrHqYOKjQE3yDNZQ-5BOD90YZj6w~~_12.JPG

$(KGrHqQOKosE33(oOzvgBOD90ZmrgQ~~_12.JPG

$(KGrHqEOKkEE3tI)5yN(BOD90Yb7wg~~_12.JPG

Can you include me in the lovely brotherhood to which I am very deserving?

Can I get some thoughts on best swap for the 707's in this thing? I'm sure you guys have pleanty of good ideas. Kinda thinking the Duncan's will be the best option.

Also, how easy is it to do the 18v mod on this guitar? Was gonna try that option before going the Blackout route. Is there enough space to make it work and is it a good option instead of swapping for the Duncan's? I don't mind the 707's much and I think the neck position does pretty decent, but the bridge pup could use a little clarity and brighter punch. I was pondering a complete set swap or just the bridge position.

Anyhow, I love the Loomis and would actually like to eventually find someone who could strip this guitar down to the original wood finish and tung oil the thing! That would be a beaut! Then have all black or all gold hardware installed. Anybody here good with wood, lol?

Thanks!
-Josh

renzoip

I Am the Table
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm looking to become a part of the brotherhood in the near future, my question is: I see some loomis having chrome hardware, while others have black hardware, is what is the reason for that? Is it that the new models come with black hardware, or viceversa? Either way they both look sweet! :yesway:

e7lek

Reaction score
i was planning to buy this guitar next weel and iv just been reviews of the loomis on ultimate guitar reviews and some people are saying "the floyd rose on this guitar sucks, save your money and buy the fixed bridge" is this true? whats wrong with it if it is?

Reaction score
People on Ultimate Guitar are by far absolute fucking retards or newbies.

The floyd on the Loomis is an OFR, which is about as good as it gets. Seriously, don't even bother reading UG.

Someone asks how to lower their action and 80% of the answers will be, "LAWL TRUSS RAWDZZZ ADJUSTMENT TIME!!!!".

animalwithin

Reaction score
This could possibly be my next guitar but I have a few hang ups that need to be cleared up, maybe you guys can help:

1.) The Agile 727 has popped up and now I'm choosing between that and the Loomis.
2.) Lots of people have told me to wait for the new Loomis to come out and I really dont want to wait that long, apprently around NAMM time
3.) I'd like my Loomis in white, can this be done...

Thanks!

e7lek

Reaction score
keep in mind that the new loomis thats coming out is going to be very different than this one, so if you like this one... get it... its not about which one came latest.

Honeslty i love the way it looks.

animalwithin

Reaction score
Oh I love the Loomis the way it is now, won't the price of this one go down, once the new one comes out? I think I'll wait till the new one comes out to get the old one, I'm a sucker for saving money, especially since I'm gonna change out the PUs.

e7lek

Reaction score
guys i just purchased the loomis in Black, should i call tomorow and change it to the red one? ... i chose black cuz i already have a gibson SG in the same red lol... let me know tonight!!!

e7lek

Reaction score
no idea lol, theyre both awesome i just think that since that the inlays are black it would be awesome to have the body in black aswell, plus not alot of people have the black one :D as you can see here there are 15 pages of forum massacre but only one person uploaded his black loomis

murakami

Banned
Reaction score
no idea lol, theyre both awesome i just think that since that the inlays are black it would be awesome to have the body in black aswell, plus not alot of people have the black one :D as you can see here there are 15 pages of forum massacre but only one person uploaded his black loomis

dude, just because you're getting the black one, wont make it anymore unique :)

just get the color you like. look at some pics. i'll assume you're younger than me because i used to think that way before as well. trust me, it's an awesome guitar, and thats all that matters. :shred:

')