Official Seemann Custom handmade effect pedals

Status
Not open for further replies.

boroducci

Banned
Reaction score
mod edit: please keep it to one update per day, thanks!

Hi Guys!
This is official thread of Seemann Custom workshop.
It's located in St. Petersburg, Russia.
Pavel Gorotskevich - engineer, designer and manufacturer of effect pedals for guitars and basses.
All pedals are hand-crafted from high quality components.
There is a production models, and also the possibility of a custom order according to your specifications.
Official site Seemann Custom
Youtube channel SeemannCustom - YouTube

Official site has only russian version now, so I will place all information about Seemann Custom in English here.

Your questions you can ask here or directly write to Pavel devices@seemanncustom.ru
And now some pictures of Seemann Custom devices.
kdm2.jpg
furry.jpg

ts-8081.jpg

crab_compressor.jpg

cARJ4aGdaEQ.jpg

4mhCQvoYehI.jpg

3a3IWp1KTAw.jpg

The fist effect pedal I want to introduce you is Loud Shout - overdrive/fuzz/booster/DI pedal.

It really shouts very loudly. It warms up any tube amp/preamp to 451 degrees Fahrenheit, 100% truthful information. At the same time, you can turn down the drive to zero and use the device as a clean booster or di box for impedance matching and warm long-long cable on the stage.

Loud Shout was developed by Seemann Custom workshop and had a dozen test versions before finally gained their sound and functionality. It was created as an alternative to the world-famous and still loved TS-808. In result - completely independent multi-function device that combines overdrive, fuzz, booster and buffer in a compact, lightweight package.
Loud Shout's sound seems similar, but at the same time noticeably different from the good old TS-808. LS does not have a pronounced mid, more honest in frequency response. Active filter allows you to get the required level of Presence and at the far right most sound muffled and bland.
Used chip is not just different from the TS-808, it is a fundamentally different type. Its usage makes possible to obtain a rich spectrum of sound and extensive functionality.
At the same time, LS has a much greater margin of the output level of the signal, making it more useful as a booster (tube heater), and the function Transparent Overdrive (CHAR toggle switch in the middle position) allows you to remove unwanted low frequency rumble and give sound legibility, clarity and sharpness attack.
Function of mixing dry signal (toggle switch TWAIN) is to create a pseudo-Double Track effect and gives sound volume and saturation. Also bassists have to appreciate it: availability to mix wet/dry signal automatically makes device useable for Bass

A few words about the technical aspects.
- The image on the front side is applied directly to the housing (not labe, not tag);
- All inside the unit is mounted on a circuit board, wire-free, reliable and monolithic;
- The battery compartment is sacrificed in the name of the other advantages.
- 9 volt power supply, minus the center, which is the most common standard.
In total we have a very interesting device, the use of which goes far beyond any specific type of effect. It is booster, overdrive, fuzz and DIbox. Just do not know how to play the guitar instead of you, alas.

Price: 120$ (includes PP fees). international ecomomy shipping ~ 20-30$

VY3mn58sXsM.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

boroducci

Banned
Reaction score
KDM - high gain distortion with very flexible settings.

Features KDM:
Flexible Gain control - from light overdrive to extremly screaming hi-gain distortion.
3-band EQ with low-mid control.
Sweep knob gives ability to control the middle-low. It is difficult to overestimate this benefit. You can easy make sound you want.
KDM's sound is deprived of "sand." Now, even the owners of inexpensive combo with a small speaker will be spared from the high-itch;

Impedance is fully aligned with any device. KDM can be connected to the INPUT of the amplifier or in its Return, as well as in the sound card or mixing console without losing the quality and level of the signal;
The effect of losing sound cause of the length and quality of the output cable is eliminated, and it is very useful at concerts and rehearsals.

KDM has an internal Cab-Sim which helps out in the case of playing in line (mixing console) or making demo record on the computer.

Features:
powered via batteries or external power adapter 9 volt (strictly stable);
true bypass;
additional Cab-Sim output;
Price: 120$ (includes PP fees) + actual int'l shipping

ykXeSkFhXoE.jpg

boroducci

Banned
Reaction score
Furry - high gain fuzz wich was developed ​​in accordance with the best traditions of modern and vintage sound.

This effect has absorbed all the best from the various versions of the classics of the genre - EH BIG MUFF.

Its sound is well balanced. It is not as boomy as the original American Muff and not dirty itchy as in the green "Russian."

"Sustain" sets the level of overload and, consequently, the duration of the notes you play. With small values ​​you get light, pleasant and unobtrusive sound that will fit well into the background. At maximum sound becomes truly insane, with almost endless sustain. Attack became slurred, each note is rounded, in conjunction with The neck pickup and light delay your solo makes listener's knees tremble.

Classic Muff tone control allows you to vary the sound of the low-frequency roar to prickly crunch.

mode's toggle switch "Vintage / Modern" (right) allows you to select one of the two sounds - the old-fashioned with more mids or modern with slightly scooped mid.

Those who wish to allocate their sound and get the so-called "Instant Sound" can use the left toggle switch, which excludes tone control from chain, thus allowing to obtain a natural, no processed sound of this fuzz.

Features:
powered by batteries or external power adapter 9 volt;
true bypass;
Price: 100$ (includes PP fees) + actual int'l shipping
ldPI32pYKV0.jpg

boroducci

Banned
Reaction score
Seemann custom "Slap Cannon"
"Slap Cannon" effect pedal is multi-functional and very useful for bass. It has a light overdrive section, blend of clean and overdriven signals, TONE toggle switch with Bright \ Dark modes.
HiGain distortion is not the aim of effect. Its motto - "slap like a cannon." It strongly ennobles the sound of even the cheapest bass, highlighting important and pleasant for the ear frequencies, slightly lowering the mids.
"Brilliance"knob adjusts sparkle of sound, adding light, smooth distortion.
"Blend" knob lets you obtain the desired proportion of clean and overdriven signal.
"Clarity" knob adjusts the transparency of sound, its color.
Want to make bass low and unobtrusive, or highlight each movement of the fingers on the strings, each click - all this can be done by one knob.
Bright \ Dark switch makes it possible to get two completely different bass sounds, allowing the device to make friends with all types of pickups.

Possible uses of the device depends on your desires and fantasies.
You can use it simply as di-box for impedance matching when recording in line or at home recording on your computer. All you need is only install Blend and Brilliance knobs in the leftmost position.
It can be used as a clean booster or booster with tone correction to drive the tube amps.

In any case, such an assistant will always be useful and will help cut through the mix like a hot knife through butter, stressing the lowest frequencies or adding brightness.

As before Slap Cannon - a spicy condiment for your bass. Add crunch, brightness, add an infrasonic kick to your sound - all this is possible with this little bright box.

Power supply 9-volt (from a battery or adapter).

Price: 105$ (includes PP fees) + actual int'l shipping

4mhCQvoYehI.jpg

boroducci

Banned
Reaction score
Seemann Custom Hot Booster

What could be easier than a booster? It would seem - easy as pie: add volume and all the works. However, in practice it is not so simple.
Frequency move out, high-frequency emphasis appears, knob rustling in rotation (disease of all SHO clones), the overload is barely noticeable, but it is not welcome. But our task - at least reliably transmit the amplified signal from an electric guitar, and as a maximum - warm tube amp to get the coveted soft tube distortion.
To achieve this is fully possible only through the transfer of the entire dynamic range of the amplified signal in its entirety, without any limits on the peaks. That's when we get the proper dynamics of sound, which we talk so much.
The solution to this problem within the 9 volt was impossible, so 18 volts, without compromise.

Hot Pickup Booster will make your pickups really hot, and "warm up" a long cable, not allowing any nuance of your guitar to slip out of your sound path to oblivion.

Hot Piscopo Features:
- The original "three-dimensional" painting of the hull;
- Power supply is strictly 18 volts. Accordingly, the place of the battery is not provided.
- Wide dynamic range, signal transmission, without clipping on the peaks. As a result, peaks limited directly in the tube amplifier and not in a booster;
- Toggle correction treble (necessary for those who are accustomed to the situation that long cable smoothes of high and habitually considers it sound real. Switch will help to avoid misunderstandings about the return of the high frequency);

- He's cool.

Price: 120$ (includes PP fees) + actual int'l shipping

SzzS3sa3Y4c.jpg

efGCjIX-_vo.jpg

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
These LOOK cool and have a very competitive price. If I had a need for pedal gear I would be interested in the Hot Pickup and TS clone. Good luck!

boroducci

Banned
Reaction score
These LOOK cool and have a very competitive price. If I had a need for pedal gear I would be interested in the Hot Pickup and TS clone. Good luck!

Thanks! Hope, this thread will be helpful)
Have to say, that Loud Shout is more than just a clone) It's hard to show all nuances of sound in video, but definitely LS has more possibilities than Original TS.
I will continue to fill this thread with other Seemann Custom devices.

boroducci

Banned
Reaction score
Deadly Silence - threshold type Noise Gate. Now in new version with additional controls.

Every guitarist faces the challenge of unwanted hum and noise in the final sound. Dead Silence helps musicians completely get rid of these inconveniences;

The device has 3 controls knobs:
Threshold. This regulator is set by ear, depending on the devices installed in the circuit before this pedal;
Fast-Slow - a choice between fast and slow response (with a delay);
Clean-Dist switch. Choose needed mode according with type of input signal (noise and interference in clean and overdriven signal defined in different ways);
Deadly Silence is very simple in use. Just set the desired value of Threshold - and you forget about noise - it simply will not appear in your sound any more.

Thanks to the threshold noise reduction, this product has no effect on the signal and doesn't color it.

Features:
indication of the noise reduction section in real time;