Official What Are You Reading Thread:

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Chris said:
You can shove all of those recommendations up your ass until you read Dark Tower. :fawk:

After I finish Gravity's Rainbow and the next Martin, loan 'em my way (I'm a little hesitant to buy more books until I buy another bookshelf, as my room is gradually becoming overtaken by stacks of books, lol).

In return, you're welcome to my copy of Gravity's Rainbow... :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Drew said:
After I finish Gravity's Rainbow and the next Martin, loan 'em my way (I'm a little hesitant to buy more books until I buy another bookshelf, as my room is gradually becoming overtaken by stacks of books, lol).

In return, you're welcome to my copy of Gravity's Rainbow... :D

:lol: I know the feeling. You've seen all my bookcases, I have probably 200+ on my back porch, as well as a giant box of 'em at my parents' place.

I reall need a library. :idea:

Edit: My DTs are all loaned out currently, btw. I spread the love around. The paperbacks anyhow.

[action=Chris]doesn't think he'll ever see them again[/action]

I do have 4-7 in Hardcover though.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Jesus, seven of 'em?

Eh, what are another three books in the Whole General Mish-Mash, lol.

[action=Drew]has several boxes of books in his parents' basement, and a whole ton at his room back home too - he pared his collection down to what he figured he couldn't do without when he moved, and even that's to much. :lol:[/action]

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Whatever happened to writing a single book and being done with it? :lol: I'm reminded of the "Jaws: 23" crack in "Back to the Future 3" or something. :lol:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Because books are for people with an attention span of more than two hours. That's why we're elitist ninjas, while people who don't read are a bunch of ignorant f00's.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
Whatever happened to writing a single book and being done with it? :lol:
That is the pussy way of writing. reserved for you whimpy lit types. :flex:

:lol:

It's like porgressive metal, Drew. The fans become addicted to the epic, huge stories that continue TO INFINITY AND BEYOND! I think most of us felt such a surge of sadness and dissapointment the first time we finished TLOTR. "It's over? It can't be over!
1381.gif

Buzz762

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm in the process of reading The Lord of the Rings again.

More specifically, I'm reading the Hobbit right now. Well, not right now, but I was before I got on my computer, and will probably resume it after my computing is done.

stuz719

Stoic. With a small "s".
Reaction score
"The Domesday Quest" - Michael Wood

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The Gilda Stories, by Jewelle Gomez, plus a history of philosophy book, and a little Baudelaire (Mists and Rain could easily become my new favourite poem).

gdbjr21

Reaction score
distressed_romeo said:
^ Philip K Dick's fantastic!:yesway: Read most of his short stories...

This is the first book by Him I've read. I'll have to look for a collection of his short stories.

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
The Rum Diary - Hunter S. Thompson.

The second book I've read by him. The first was "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" then I got started on "Hell's Angels" but misplaced it, then my Mom bought me "The Rum Diary" which is fantastic so far.

')