Official What Are You Reading Thread:

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
I just finished reading 'Your Inner Fish' by Neil Shubin. It's a history of the evolution of the human body that goes back WAYYY before apes. It's non-technical, has lots of diagrams and is funny.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
The Chronicles of the Black Company by Glenn Cook

Full of Win - You Malazan fans would probably really enjoy this series

Shotglass

is half full
Reaction score
Just about done Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, entirely. I don't know yet what I'm going to read after this. I am almost debating on rereading the Book of Mormon. Always good for a laugh.

gaunten

WUUUUAAAAAAAAH!!!
Reaction score
reading now: stieg larsson: flickan som lekte med elden (the girl who played with fire)
I read his first book a few weeks ago, it was pretty darn good (even though I usually don't like the concept of swedish criminal romans, such as beck, wallander, van weeteren etc, but this turned out to not be a book of that character)
this is a continuing story with the same characters, and it seems like it will be at least as good as the last one, I've only read about 10% of the book so far.

I will try to get my hands on some terry pratchett and neil gaiman soon. my brother has EVERY book by terry, so I can probably borrow them from him.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
god.jpg

jym

atimoc

deus ex machina
Contributor
Reaction score
The Case of Charles Dexter Ward - H. P. Lovecraft

Just finished this two weeks ago. I liked how Lovecraft builds up the atmosphere throughout the story. Also finished Sun Tzu's Art of War yesterday, which was an interesting read from not just warfare but also business and management perspective.

Now working on Kurt Vonnegut's Player Piano. I've only gone through chapter one, so not much to comment on just yet.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Just about done Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, entirely. I don't know yet what I'm going to read after this. I am almost debating on rereading the Book of Mormon. Always good for a laugh.

I could not finish the book of Moron, It was just too frustrating. I can't understand how anyone could read it and believe it, I can understand people missing the contradictions in the Bible, you have to study it pretty thoroughly to notice them but the book of Moron will contradict itself in consecutive sentences. :noplease:

NewArmyGuitar

Fueled by Satan
Contributor
Reaction score
Everybody on here is always raving about the Malazan books. I just started Gardens Of The Moon yesterday.

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
A collection of Ernest Hemingway's short stories every now and again

I'm also reading a lot of stuff published by the DSA for people who want to ride motorbikes.

Shotglass

is half full
Reaction score
I'm reading The Hobbit now.

I could not finish the book of Moron, It was just too frustrating. I can't understand how anyone could read it and believe it, I can understand people missing the contradictions in the Bible, you have to study it pretty thoroughly to notice them but the book of Moron will contradict itself in consecutive sentences. :noplease:

You're not wrong. I haven't read the Book since I was 11 or 12 years old. I was living with my Father and Stepmother, and they were Mormon, and once you hit about 12 years of age in a Mormon household you pretty well have to become Mormon yourself or you're shunned. I was a kid who wanted to do the "right" thing by my parents eyes, so I kind of went with it. I was baptized, but for the few months before my baptism I had to study with Missionaries and take tests and read the Book. It was pretty intense. I want to reread it because I'm sure that because of my age, there were a lot of subtle contradictions I missed the first time around.

')