Official What Are You Reading Thread:

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I still need to read Lasher and the other Mayfair Witches novels...

Loves me some Anne Rice...:) Even Violin, which everyone else seems to hate.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
If I could find it then you could have it with pleasure dude :D

I did just however find my "Swords" series by Fritz Leiber so I'll re-read those fairly soon.

vontetzianos

Reaction score
I literally just re-read Interview with the Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, Queen of the Damned, Memnoch the Devil and Tale of the Body Thief. I didn't re-read Ramses the Damned....I couldn't find Lasher.

Was quite a fan of Anne Rice when I was in my mid 20's and an incorrigible Goth......it was the big shirts that did It....:lol:...

Although I did find a bunch of De Sade books that I had forgotten about in my searching so I may well re-read those.

Yeah man they are very interesting reads. I only really started reading Anne Rice a few months ago after I re-watched a few of the movies adapted from the books.

I find them very fun and interesting but they are quite complicated and I think sophisticated vampire books, so I have to really slow down to get the picture, so naturally it takes me forever to read.:lol:

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Yeah man they are very interesting reads. I only really started reading Anne Rice a few months ago after I re-watched a few of the movies adapted from the books.

I find them very fun and interesting but they are quite complicated and I think sophisticated vampire books, so I have to really slow down to get the picture, so naturally it takes me forever to read.:lol:

The films are quite divergent from the books (Marius isn't Lestat's sire, Akasha doesn't die exactly like that, Armand stitches Claudia's head onto the woman's body before he puts her out in the sunlight in Paris....) but given the space alloted to each film and the fairly substantial plot in each book it's no suprise that they cut corners.

I'm sure you'll totally enjoy em :D

Auyard

Reaction score
I've been reading a few by Glen Cook.

The Chronicles of the Black Company
The Black Company Goes South

Really good stuff, trying to find the rest of the books to finish them.

Brendan G

What is this then?
Reaction score
I'm currently reading "The Fabric of the Cosmos" by Brian Greene, it's really good if you're interested in physics. The next book I'm planning on reading is "Notes from the Underground" by Fyodor Dostoevsky.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
It's a shame Talbot is the kind of nut who can take perfectly valid science and decide that ancient mysticism belongs right in the middle of it...

Jeff

I'm not quite through it yet, but still a very interesting read. The first chapter was cool, where he introduced the theories of Bohm and Pribram. Shortly thereafter, science exits the conversation and Talbot says something to the effect of "Okay guys, i have a confession to make...........I see dead people" :lol:

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, there's something really wrong when people can't get interested in science until there are demons and mindreaders thrown in for no good reason at all.

Check out Brian Greene's books if you liked the actual science.

Jeff

phaeded0ut

droooooneeeeeeeee!
Reaction score
"Dead Aid" by Dambisa Moyo. I highly recommend this book if you're looking into doing the Peace Corps or Charity Work thing.

rodia

Reaction score
Some crazy shit, actually: Avis - God and the creative imagination: metaphor, symbol and myth in religion and theology
Soon gonna finish it, and then I'm re-reading for the fourth time Dostoyevsky's The Possessed :yesway:

Latest posts

')