Official What Are You Reading Thread:

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
some recent reads

Jim Butcher - Dresden Files: Side Jobs - for the most part not that great, aside from Aftermath at the end. Dresden reads way better as a full length novel. Die hard fans only.

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant - First time re-reading the series since I was 15 or 16 and liked it a lot better this time around. I forgot just how much of an asshole Tom is in the first series and his behavior isn't really properly justified until the next trilogy. Second chronicle starts much better in my opinion, except I misplaced books 2 and 3 and can't find new copies anywhere.

The Stand - good god what an epic book. I much preferred the first part, where everything was still going to shit, to the last part where they were off to confront Randall Flagg. Great stuff though.

- Lev Grossman - The Magicians - absolutely awesome book. Its all about magic and fantasy, but very realistic characters. Ending was senseless, tragic and left me with an empty feeling like somebody actually did die. Hands down my favorite book I've read recently.

currently reading the Black Company - the first book. I am not liking the guy's writing style so far.

Jontain

Reaction score
Recently just finished re-reading The Hobbit as I am excite for the new film due this winter.

Now have started to re-read The Lord of the Rings and finding it much easier fully understand and follow then when I was in my early teens lol.

Dan_Vacant

Reaction score
I found some graphic novels of The Astounding Wolf-Man at the library. I like the art style and idea of it.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
Roman Dirge - The Cat with a Really Big Head: And One Other Story That Isn't as Good

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
Reading some poems from T. S. Eliot - The Complete Poems and Plays: 1909-1950

(Waiting for my Song of Ice and Fire books to get here!)

The Somberlain

Hollow Man
Reaction score
Since I'm back at school, I don't have much time for pleasure reading, but for classes:

Edward Said: Orientalism
Gustave Flaubert: Madame Bovary

Latest posts

')