Official What Are You Reading Thread:

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Just finished Lords of Chaos, as lent to me by Lozek last week.

Hahahaha @ crazy Norweigans.

progmetaldan

Reaction score
Currently reading through 'The Mallorean' by David Eddings, but somebody hasn't returned the second book to the library, so I've read book 1, I've got all the others, but I can't continue til it arrives back!?! :mad:

Martin_777

7 String Engineer
Reaction score
The Camel Club by David Baldacci

Publishers Weekly said:
Arab terrorists, nuclear threat and political perfidy drive bestselling Baldacci's latest. The Camel Club, a four-man group of Washington, D.C., misfits (their leader has taken the ironic pseudonym "Oliver Stone") gathers every week to discuss political conspiracies they believe exist and what actions they might take. One night, while meeting on Roosevelt Island in the middle of the Potomac River, club members witness the murder of Secret Service employee Patrick Johnson, thus thrusting the wacky crew into the middle of a bigger conspiracy than they could ever have imagined. There are scores of characters and subplots to keep track of while the story veers back and forth between venues and villains, forcing readers to remain alert yet patient while awaiting the high-concept payoff. When it finally appears, it's a doozy: kidnappers who harm no one and are reasonable people with a legitimate gripe bring the U.S. to the verge of nuking Damascus. Baldacci maintains interest during the long buildup by supplying fascinating historical facts, amusing characters, high-tech spy lore and the backstories of his super agents, both good and evil. As fans of this writer know, years of experience have made him an author who promises a good story and then delivers it

progmetaldan

Reaction score
I'm reading 'The First King Of Shannara' by Terry Brooks, and then shall read The Shannara Trilogy which comes after it...

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
I've currently embarked on a quest to re-read any Stephen King material I have in the house, and to track down a few bits I don't have so that I can get up to date with his work....which includes trying to steal copies of the whole Dark Tower series as I've been waiting for the opportunity to read it all in one fell swoop.

I absolutely love Stephen King for the simple pleasure of reading a wonderfully told and inventive story with incredible characterisation. There are other authors with perhaps more intellectual credentials, or higher critical and technical regard but none that can drag me back time after time to read something I already know by heart.

progmetaldan

Reaction score
Currently reading 'The Bourne Identity' by Robert Ludlum. Whilst the movies are awesome, they just don't have the anywhere near the depth of story telling that the books do. And almost a totally different plot anyway...

Asdrael

Green and Blue stuff.
Reaction score
Currently going through most of Terry Pratchet's work I can get my hands on in english. <3

Metaljim

Reaction score
I'm currently reading: 'The Diamond age' by Neal Stephenson, 'The Sun Also Rises' by Ernest Hemingway, 'Mort' by Terry Pratchet, and 'Dune' by Frank Herbert.

')