Official What Are You Reading Thread:

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
I've just begun re-reading Imajica by Clive Barker.

I first read it about 15 years ago and it knocked my frickin' socks off. That book had me so damn hooked I was staying up all night some nights reading it. No other book has really done that form me.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
I just re-read the "Mistborn" trilogy form Brandon Sanderson.

Now (finally, really, after having it sitting in my shelf for way to long) going to start "The Blade Itself" by Joe Abercrombie.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
Perdido Street Station, by China Miéville

Let me know if you like it. I started his YA novel Un Lun Dun and it was terribly scatter-brained and seemingly without point, but I want to give him another chance.

danger5oh

I'm always... hungry
Reaction score
Red Rain by R.L. Stine... and yes, you read that correctly lol. I loved his stuff as a kid and so far his adult offerings are pretty good.

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
Let me know if you like it. I started his YA novel Un Lun Dun and it was terribly scatter-brained and seemingly without point, but I want to give him another chance.

I'm really liking it! I can't compare to Un Lun Dun, but it's probably written fairly differently as I think Un Lun Dun is supposed to be for YA or even younger standards.
The characters are fun, and I love the setting.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
I'm really liking it! I can't compare to Un Lun Dun, but it's probably written fairly differently as I think Un Lun Dun is supposed to be for YA or even younger standards.
The characters are fun, and I love the setting.

Awesome. I'll probably pick it up, as I know it's the first New Crobuzon novel, and Gaiman has praised the guy up and down. It's why I was so bummed about that book in the first place (I knew it was YA, but since Gaiman and many other similar authors' YA books are just as good as their regular novels, I figured Miéville would be the same).

Today I read:

Neil Gaiman - Death: The Time of Your Life

and started:

Neil Gaiman - The Books of Magic

')