Official XEN Stringed Instruments Thread

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Holy beans! That's a lot of crap to go through. The average luthier goes dark for a year with just one of those things!

Hope you're doing well, though. Looking forward to XEN stuff. Despite ERGs apparently gaining popularity, your stuff is still the most forward thinking and outside the box.

Tom Drinkwater

ERG/ERB Builder
Reaction score
Holy beans! That's a lot of crap to go through. The average luthier goes dark for a year with just one of those things!

Hope you're doing well, though. Looking forward to XEN stuff. Despite ERGs apparently gaining popularity, your stuff is still the most forward thinking and outside the box.

You forgot comfortable and ergonomic! My techs OXC7 multi-scale is actually helping him stay in the game as a gigging musician with serious RSI.

dametalbeast

dametalbeast
Reaction score
ready hear the finalized details on this import production line, Ive been geeking over the idea since you announced on Facebook of the possibility :agreed:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
For reference, here are the updated production HDC and OXC designs.
And before anyone asks, yes, I have designed them to accommodate up to 9 and possibly 10 strings with only minor adjustments.
And a side note, I may be offering a "full ergo" version of these for consideration at some point soon.
10465341_845734708804566_2925464250424073421_o.jpg
10344422_845734738804563_3795189499692676522_o.jpg

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
The poll is showing some great results. So far the HDC7 & 8 are leading with the OXC7 following closely behind. Every iteration has received a vote, even the 9s and 10s.

Since the HDC7 & 8 and OXC 7 are showing such great numbers, I will consider the possibility of a group run, or two or three :)
I'll have detailed pricing later this week and will post a new thread when it's time to set it in motion. In the meantime I welcome input and feedback, and of course anyone who is eager to get in on one of the runs, definitely let me know!
-e-

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm going to NAMM 2015, and I've been left in charge of the guitar part of the Kalium Strings booth this year. I want people to see why I keep telling them to go with Kalium for ERG and baritone instruments, so obviously there will be ERG action there!

We will have two XEN guitars at the booth! The HDC8 and the OXC8. I'm probably as psyched as everyone else about this! We'll be stringing them up with Kalium Strings so people can try it out! :)

So if you're at NAMM, go to hall E, booth #1110, and you can try out two insane XEN guitars!

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
Super-ultra-necrobumb.

What ever happened to Xen? Really like their designs and I never did hear whether or not they closed shop. Thanks.

Erick Kroenen

Reaction score
Xen's owner can answer this better, but if I recall well each build was commissioned to a luthier depending on availability and location, I am still waiting for one build from Drinkwater guitars (Oakland axe factory) see my profile pic. Basically there was not much interest due to other brands getting more attention, plus Xen's owner posted about some things happening in his personal life.

Hope this helps

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, he’s still got the company, AFAIK, but he’s not doing as much stuff with it now. He’s pretty active on FB with his family, etc.

Latest posts