OFR Piezo mod featuring GraphTech FR saddles...

shotgunn

Reaction score
I finally got around to milling the slots for the wires in this black OFR. The process went very smooth with no errors. The result is an Original Floyd Rose trem with GraphTech ghost saddles.

This is truly the best of both worlds since you may now have the hardened steel base plate but have piezo loaded saddles without altering the string break point and thereby affecting your intonation.

Here are the pics...

OFRPics1.jpg

OFRPics2.jpg

OFRPics3.jpg

OFRPics4.jpg

OFRPics5.jpg

OFRPics6.jpg

OFRPics21.jpg

OFRPics22.jpg

OFRPics23.jpg

OFRPics24.jpg

Enjoy. As usual, any requests or questions about pricing please PM me. Do not ask in the thread.

Thanx,

shotgunn

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thesimo

Reaction score
now THIS is cool...
I wanted Ran to put this in my custom but graphtech wouldn't sell them the floyd or something.

Sound good?

shotgunn

Reaction score
Who's Ran?

I am a GraphTech and Floyd Rose dealer. PM me if you would like to place an order...

shotgunn

now THIS is cool...
I wanted Ran to put this in my custom but graphtech wouldn't sell them the floyd or something.

Sound good?

Trypios

Reaction score
Hey! great thread!
I've been searching all over the internet for info on the ghost floyd saddles and the LB63 bridge just to decide what I want. But there are no helpful photos nor enough installation info.

I think I'll do the mod on my Schaller bridge instead of getting the LB63.
If possible, could you post a picture from underneath a ghost saddle just to check where the cable is located?

shotgunn

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll try to do that later once I am at my own computer. Basically it comes out directly beneath the piezo insert.

PM me if you wish to place an order... I am an authorized GT dealer.

Thanx,

shotgunn

Hey! great thread!
I've been searching all over the internet for info on the ghost floyd saddles and the LB63 bridge just to decide what I want. But there are no helpful photos nor enough installation info.

I think I'll do the mod on my Schaller bridge instead of getting the LB63.
If possible, could you post a picture from underneath a ghost saddle just to check where the cable is located?

Reaction score
I know this post is old but if anyone sees it I installed a ghost piezo system on my 7 string OFR without slotting. What I did was remove the pins from the connector and filed the threads out of the appropriate hole to smooth it out and passed the wires through the hole routed into the electronics cavity and reinstalled the pins into the connector. In my case there was enough play for intonation that did not crush the wire. I had no issues, intonation went great and the system functions perfectly.

')