OFWGKTA appreciation Thread

• Thread starter TreWatson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
It's pretty fucking good

Niggas saying "Free Earl" without even knowing him. See theyre missing a new album, I'm missing my only friend

SO GOOD!

that song is soo fucking good! when i first heard that line, i was like damn. that's some real shit right there...

I wouldn't bother looking for all their stuff. The tier list basically goes

Earl
Tyler
Hodgey Beats/Mellowhype
Frank Ocean

Domo's cool, but he's just a typical weed rapper. Taco and Jasper are total jokes, but they've only been featured on tracks. Mike G is decent. Earl and Tyler pretty much make OFWGKTA. But currently, Earl isn't allowed to do anything till he's 18 so the group pretty much rests on Tyler's shoulders.
this pretty much sums them up. though i put mike g right up there with hodgy. his flow is very smooth. i actually like hodgy and mike g quite a bit. them, and tyler and earl, are all i really care about in ofwgkta. jasper and taco are complete fucking JOKES. left brain makes SICK beats though.

this is my current mike g favorite, and NOT just because earl is in it :fawk:

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
I'm not feelin Goblin too much. It's pretty much Bastard part 2 but with even less beats that bang, more dark, meandering, dissonant beats, really long songs, and just not all that fun.

I appreciate that he doesn't care to make hits or radio-friendly stuff, but this album is just way to bleak for my tastes on the whole (no homo), and it's missing Earl :)

a couple really good tracks on it though.

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
My brother showed me Tyler, The Creator and I've been slowly getting more into Odd Future stuff.
Really creative, clever, hilarious stuff

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
I'm older than him but if I was singing about raping people my mum would probably disown me

Reaction score
Well, I'm not saying anything, but I don't think he's even in North America.

His mom won't let Tyler or anyone else in OF release his music.

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
Don't expect much more from Thebe (Earl). His momma don't like that shit.

Free Earl.

Well, I'm not saying anything, but I don't think he's even in North America.

His mom won't let Tyler or anyone else in OF release his music.

though true, once he turns 18 that doesn't matter anymore. he can do whatever he wants. he turns 18 in february of next year, so it'll definitely be a while before we hear more from him.

Reaction score
Not if he turns into a big momma's boy and promises not to write anymore devil music.

That being said, my "Goblin" 2xLP should arrive soon. Tyler's my boy.

EDIT: Fuck. It's backordered hard.

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
I'm not feelin Goblin too much. It's pretty much Bastard part 2 but with even less beats that bang, more dark, meandering, dissonant beats, really long songs, and just not all that fun.

I appreciate that he doesn't care to make hits or radio-friendly stuff, but this album is just way to bleak for my tastes on the whole (no homo), and it's missing Earl :)

a couple really good tracks on it though.
I can definitely feel that. tyler's beats can be very hard to listen to sometimes. and I noticed some of the new songs seemed kind of drawn out too. but, I thought he wanted his stuff on the radio, and hits? maybe it's just one of his many "fronts" that he puts on...
Not if he turns into a big momma's boy and promises not to write anymore devil music.
I dunno. for some reason, I just don't see that happening...

they should really make this picture his album cover. it's fucking hilarious.

f74d788c.jpg

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
also, I'm really getting into hodgy lately. it seems he's getting better with every track he does. and the combination of him and left brain (mellowhype) is just nasty.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
also, I'm really getting into hodgy lately. it seems he's getting better with every track he does. and the combination of him and left brain (mellowhype) is just nasty.

yeah I love left brain's production.

this beat is ridiculous to me.

and when tyler makes dissonant/weird stuff and it doesn't work, I feel like left brain has a better knack of being experimental successfully.

Like this.

also left brain isn't afraid of sampling while tyler tends to stick to the same pianos and keyboards.

neozeke

Reaction score
this pretty much sums them up. though i put mike g right up there with hodgy. his flow is very smooth. i actually like hodgy and mike g quite a bit. them, and tyler and earl, are all i really care about in ofwgkta. jasper and taco are complete fucking JOKES. left brain makes SICK beats though.

this is my current mike g favorite, and NOT just because earl is in it :fawk:

I totally forgot Mike, yeah he's pretty good.

Reaction score
I find way too many people only know Tyler (some of them know Earl). I mean, all of the artists are practically fucking flawless.

I still say Tyler is my favorite because he has a darker lyrical style. I still back Earl, but that .....'s gotta come home from Samoa.

Treeunit212

Not your bro, bro.
Reaction score

Here's the best interview I've found of Tyler, where he explains the concept behind Yonkers.

Amazing.

SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG. SWAG.

SWAG.

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
yeah I love left brain's production.

this beat is ridiculous to me.

*insert mellowhype - dead deputy*

and when tyler makes dissonant/weird stuff and it doesn't work, I feel like left brain has a better knack of being experimental successfully.

Like this.

*insert mellowhype - gram*

also left brain isn't afraid of sampling while tyler tends to stick to the same pianos and keyboards.
totally man. those two mellowhype albums are full of goodies. i like most of tyler's beats, though they take a while to grow on me sometimes. but left brain, he's just a SICK fucking producer. all his beats are nasty.

')