OFWGKTA appreciation Thread

• Thread starter TreWatson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
vinyl looks ill

b5J8s.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score

hahaha, Jasper's rapping makes me laugh.
And yeah those vinyls look niiice.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
taco might be even funnier. also left brain's verses are always great. he raps so horribly that it's almost tremendous.

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
taco and jasper are the worst rappers ever. i hate waka flocka, with a passion, and they make him sound like goddamn twista...

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
Waka makes me want to slap my girlfriend around. I love his shit. Sure, he's the worst at rapping, but there's something about his music, it's super energetic, all the beats are hard as hell, even though they're all the same. good for lifting weights or domestic abuse.

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
KILL PEOPLE BURN SHIT FUCK SCHOOL

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
looks like tyler's gonna sell about 40-45k this week.

Gonna be outsold by the true gods of viral rap music

LONELY ISLAND BITCH

600full-the-lonely-island.jpg

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
so unfunny and fucking annoying, I mean that jizzing in my pants song was bearable to begin with but now I just cant listen to their shit without getting angry

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score

I love you.
I have been looking for this song for so long now :lol:
The sound guy played this song over the PA at a gig that I played last month while a band was setting up and I never got the chance to ask him what song it was! :yesway:

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
That fucking music video is disturbing and disgusting

Treeunit212

Not your bro, bro.
Reaction score
Odd Futures Tumblr blog is the shit. No better way to keep track of a band than their own blog. They share all of their previous work for free and post new videos and interviews often.

__________OFWGKTA__________

Also, this might be why Tyler was falsely labeled a hipster. :rolleyes:

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
very interesting, but i'm HIGHLY skeptical. i mean, his mom relaying these messages for him? how are we supposed to believe that his supposedly crazy ass mom didn't re-word anything? i'm calling bullshit on the whole thing right now, and that his mom is lying, and "putting words in his mouth".

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
nah, i think it's actually absurd to blame his mom. Probably most of us here don't have kids and don't know what it's like, but can you imagine having a 16 year old child who is on the verge of gaining national/international notoriety for those kind of raps?

This is not some ghetto, my parents don't care about me, I sling crack in the slums situation, this kid is from a middle class home, his father is a prominent South African poet and his mother is an educator.

Earl is still a kid, and he's easily the most talented rapper that's come out in a very long time, and he's only 17. I'm really not mad at his mom, she's did what was best for her 16 year old son Thebe, not what's best for the rap persona of Earl Sweatshirt.

The kid is deadly on the mic, he literally doesn't have one mediocre verse, and he sounds extremely intelligent and well spoken. There is nothing stopping him from becoming a successful rapper without OF at the age of 18, or 21 or 25.

If he still raps this well when he comes back, if he comes back, there will be minions throwing hot beats his way and people will still care, because one thing that always shines through, even when the hype is done, is talent. And he has it.

There's nothing even stopping him from pulling a Jay Electronica and blowing up at age 34. I say let the kid grow up, let him become a man and then he can see what he wants to do with his life. A kid this talented and smart doesn't need much help to become successful in life, whatever it is he chooses to do.

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
all i'm saying is, i don't see thebe "wanting to be there". he's a 16 year old kid in samoa, away from all of his friends and family. granted, he may not want to be in the spotlight right now, and i totally understand that. but i really doubt he wants to in the middle of nowhere.

:2c: i could be wrong, let's not argue about this :D

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
haha, def not arguing, you are probably right, I'm sure he was really pissed at first, I can't imagine how much I'd resent my mom from plucking me out of a chance to become a celebrity musician at age 16. But, I can't really compare myself to him either because he's 20 times better at rapping at 16 then I am at playing bass at 30 :)

But still, I think his mom is fully aware of his talent level and will continue to support him in whatever he does after he turns 18, and I think that it's amazing in today's world where no one gives a shit about their kids that his mom decided to try and let him be a normal kid instead of using him as a meal ticket.

')