OFWGKTA appreciation Thread

• Thread starter TreWatson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
hodgy and domo have been getting a lot better lately as rappers. some of their newest tracks are fire.

next to earl left brain's beats are still the best thing about them.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
Oddly enough, I can dig Yonkers, but never really got into anything else Tyler did, and never understood the hype. Now there's this new guy, Death Grips, and people keep drawing comparisons between he and Tyler. I don't see it (aside from the raw, strange and abrasive nature of his music), but you guys might. Now, this guy, I can get behind.

Treeunit212

Not your bro, bro.
Reaction score
Oddly enough, I can dig Yonkers, but never really got into anything else Tyler did, and never understood the hype. Now there's this new guy, Death Grips, and people keep drawing comparisons between he and Tyler. I don't see it (aside from the raw, strange and abrasive nature of his music), but you guys might. Now, this guy, I can get behind.

Sounds like Screamo (hate that term :squint:) mixed with rap to me. No real correlation to tyler's style that I can see.

On another note...

SWAG.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
It's called American Grime Rap. There's local rapper in Houston who's credited with starting it, but it's more meant to be experienced live. Think mosh pits, crazy antics, and more wattage and amps than the average metal band uses, coupled with the punk DIY ethos. I'm not one for rap, or jarring beats, but it's not bad at all. It's totally not Tyler, though.

This is the guy I'm talking about. The first song is his most accessible one, the second is typical of his albums. Without further ado, I present B L A C K I E...All Caps, With Spaces

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
that is a great ass music video :lol:

and hodgy is so fucking good, i love his flow. he reminds me so much of one of the dudes from The Pharcyde

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
tyler is officially the worst rapper in the group now. dude just tries way too hard, he gets annoying after two lines.

hodgy and domo get progressively better.

Left Brain is nuts for that beat though, shit is bangin

Wolf ov Fire

Hellspawn
Reaction score
Yeah, Golf Wang is the shit, me and my bros in my bio class blasted Earl and Tyler about 1-2 years ago, waaaaaaaaaaay before everyone knew about them. Good times

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
the new earl song is good.

well not really, shitty recording, lame beat, but he still has bars for days.

reminds me of a young MF Doom.

Don't think he'll get back with OF, but he should have no problem getting dope beats, I'm sure just about everyone would want to work with that kid.

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score
For those of you who are too lazy to search for it:

The beat's not the best quality, but i'm glad he's back. I can't wait to hear what he'll come out with :yesway:

')