Oh crap..BUGERA is trying to get in on the TRIPLE RECTO and MARK market

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ Here in Australia the gap between a dual rectifier and this will be infinitely more... Say this retails for $2,500AUD (the Bugera that is), that's still $2,000 cheaper than an actual Dual Rec is...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
I expect they will sell for half that here Mischa, Most likely $1000-$1300

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ Aye, I was actually thinking that, but even so I gave it the extra little bit to play it uber safe :cool: Either way, i'm going to give one a try :yesway:

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I love cheap amps :lol: Bugera is no exception. Can't WAIT. Will get TRIRECT :agreed:

Although my Digitech/VHT rig now gets the most love I still love my $150 Crate Stealth :lol: Phenomenal sounding amp! Another oldie but goodie and cheapie is coming very soon (it's a secret)

LordOVchaoS wants more cheap amps

Isan

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm expecting the TriRec to compare to the Dual Recto the same way the 333xl compared to the JSX when I tested them both a while back. To make a long story short I ran them both through the same cab, unplugging one and plugging in the other. I cranked them both, and tweak their knobs many many times. When upon comparing the two side-by-side, the JSX sounded better in every aspect.

I'm expecting the same here. Sure, you could buy a new TriRec for a bit less than a used Dual, but to the discerning ear that small gap in price means a considerable loss in tonal quality. That's my bit.

[/rant]
I told you once... change the tubes and the 333xl kicks the jsx's ass

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
OMG this makes me happy!

People saying get the real thing-for people that are poor, we are happy getting the Bugeras and we would love to get the Mesa or Peavey BUT we are BROKE!

snuif09

Reaction score
Engl here NEW is:
SE: $4000.00
Fireball 100: $1699.00
Powerball: $2000.00
Invader 100/150: $2600.00+

Engl here used is:
SE: 2800+
Fireball 100: 1200 maybe?
Powerball: 1600
Invader: 2000+

Mesa here NEW is:
Roadking: 2749.00
Roadster: 2000.00
Mark V: 2000.00
Dual/Triple: 1799-1899

Mesa Used:
Roadking: 1700-2000
Roadking: 1200-1600
Dual/triple: 900-1300
Mark V: 1500-1800

keep in mind that 4000 dollar is also around 2900 euros

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Where are they made?

If they're handbuilt in the USA, then they *might* be able to compete with Mesa's quality.

Key_Maker

9V inside
Reaction score
Where are they made?

If they're handbuilt in the USA, then they *might* be able to compete with Mesa's quality.

Oh men, bugera amps are made in China and they are budget amps, in all aspects. They have some nice clones out there, not as good as the original (specially its parts) but they do a very good job sounding loud :yesway:

Metal_Late

Reaction score
I told you once... change the tubes and the 333xl kicks the jsx's ass

I did. Four Svetlana EL34 with Tungsol 12ax7s. My sound improved ten times upper than it was! I´am sure that i´am not going to sell it.

If trirec is even better than 333xl for a sound, i´ll think of purchasing it.

onefingersweep

Reaction score
This is really cool, if they make them as close as the other ones they will definitely be worth it if the price is about the same.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
any info on when its going for sale??

im so wanting to try this amp

According to the site, they don't even have FCC approval to sell them in the US yet. So sometime after that, they should start shipping.

snuif09

Reaction score
According to the site, they don't even have FCC approval to sell them in the US yet. So sometime after that, they should start shipping.

well im in europe so thats the first thing im lucky with lol yea and im damn lucky that i bought a mesa for 800 bucks

think im going to sell it for a magician or a trirec when more is clear if they are pure shit ill stick to the DC =)

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
well im in europe so thats the first thing im lucky with lol yea and im damn lucky that i bought a mesa for 800 bucks

think im going to sell it for a magician or a trirec when more is clear if they are pure shit ill stick to the DC =)

Ah, gotcha, I completely forgot to see where you were from. :lol:

You could probably start seeing them soon since Musikmesse ended.

Icecold

Reaction score
I just went from 6 to Midnight. I already own a 6262 and I love it, can't wait to check out the Trirec!

swayman

Reaction score
Same thing happened in the beginning, when Bugera first came out with their Peavey clones.

Apparently they like jumping the gun and putting products on their site before they're official cleared to be sold.

Though, I bet these will sell FAR better outside the US where even used Mesa's are big bucks.

Example, there's a store not far from me selling both Peavey & Bugera.

The JSX 120W is selling for $2995 AUD, the Bugera 333XL is $849 AUD...

traditional

Reaction score
Good news for the Australian guys like myself on the forum, the Australian RRP has just been announced on these things;
TriRec - $1499
Magician - $1299

Surprising, I would've expected that since the Magician is a combo, that it would've been more expensive.
Also, note that this is RRP and knowing most of the Australian dealers around here (Melbourne) it'll look something like this;
TriRec - $1200 - $1300
Magician - $1100

Don't take my word on that though, that's just going by what they normally take off Bugera's. (Y)

swayman

Reaction score
Good news for the Australian guys like myself on the forum, the Australian RRP has just been announced on these things;
TriRec - $1499
Magician - $1299

Surprising, I would've expected that since the Magician is a combo, that it would've been more expensive.
Also, note that this is RRP and knowing most of the Australian dealers around here (Melbourne) it'll look something like this;
TriRec - $1200 - $1300
Magician - $1100

Don't take my word on that though, that's just going by what they normally take off Bugera's. (Y)

So according to the RRP on the Bugera site for the 333XL compared to the actual price stores are selling them for, the Trirec should be about the $1200 if not a little less...

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Where are they made?

Uh, yeah. You're not going to buy anything this complicated handbuilt in the US at that retail price point. Sheesh, Leon. :lol:

')