Oh crap..BUGERA is trying to get in on the TRIPLE RECTO and MARK market

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

coldandhomeless

Reaction score
Pretty much everything out there is a clone of something, I don't really see peoples problem with Bugera.
Carvin V3 is no clone! bugera's problem is that they use cheap shit for parts...it is behringer with a crackpipe in its mouth... i had a 333xl and less than a month later it died a horrible flaming death!! and the whole time it made hellicopter sounds, (didnt even need a cellphone ontop of it) IT WAS TOTAL SHIT!!! maybe if they work out the bugs before releasing it to the public, and test the shit for 40+ hours... better yet... make an original design and have it work long enough to get some dust on it... wishful thinking but still unlikely... sorry but you get what u pay for...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FearComplex

Reaction score
Spending the equivalent of $3000 in europe on a Mesa Triple Rectifier and it not blowing up on you doesn't necessarily mean you got what you pay for. It could serve me beer and clean my room and I'd still be ripped off.

snuif09

Reaction score
Spending the equivalent of $3000 in europe on a Mesa Triple Rectifier and it not blowing up on you doesn't necessarily mean you got what you pay for. It could serve me beer and clean my room and I'd still be ripped off.
hell yes.

and some people can take care of their own amps and if a capacitor blows up i can replace it myself anyways lol and a new cap is like 10 euros for a good one:lol:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
From what I've seen and heard it seems Bugera has worked out a lot of bugs in there early runs. Not saying they're up to par with what they're emulating, but they aren't the "fire hazard" they once were.

I have buddy who loved his 6260, and it sounds just about as good as my old 5150 did after getting re-tubed. He's had it for six months and plays shows regularly, and has yet to have any issues. Back in AZ I jammed with a guy who had the 333XL and 6262 and loved them to death. He admitted to getting a bad first run model, but after it was replaced for free he had zero issues, and that was a year or so ago.

Honestly, they're so cheap bringing a second around, to a show, for backup isn't out of the question.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Honestly, they're so cheap bringing a second around, to a show, for backup isn't out of the question.

Okay, that's kind of a ridiculous statement ;)

Even as a bass player, bringing a second $500 15 lb head in a carry case as a backup is a pain in the ass, let alone a 50-lb heavy-ass box full of tubes.

And for two of them, just buy the real thing.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Okay, that's kind of a ridiculous statement ;)

Even as a bass player, bringing a second $500 15 lb head in a carry case as a backup is a pain in the ass, let alone a 50-lb heavy-ass box full of tubes.

And for two of them, just buy the real thing.

That's easy to say in the US where you can pick up a Recto for under $1000. While in Europe you'd have to pay as much as three times that.

I wasn't being very serious (should of used my old buddy ":lol:"), but I figured that extreme example would hammer home the point of "they're so fucking cheap". :lol:

Though, I still say they're a lot more reliable than many think, especially now that Bugera/Behringer has improved with the later batches.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Though, I still say they're a lot more reliable than many think, especially now that Bugera/Behringer has improved with the later batches.

This. People would rather just believe internet "stories" than do actual research though, apparently.

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
I was thinking about buying a Magician to run as a dedicated clean and lead channel and using my recto just for rhythms but the fates smiled on me and somehow I managed to score myself a Mark V.

Which is good because as someone else of wisdom said, no short head = fail.

iff

Reaction score
This. People would rather just believe internet "stories" than do actual research though, apparently.

Except that internet research only leads to the disaster stories. :lol:

drenzium

Reaction score
lol, all the people in here talking shit about bugera either haven't tried one or just unluckily got a bad one. they are solid amps, i use them, the other guitarist in my bands uses them, (me a 6262, him a 333XL).

i guarantee 90% of the haters haven't even plugged into one, everyone is just going for a ride on the bandwagon with no serious knowledge about it.

they work perfectly, they sound on par with if not the same as the amps they are trying to copy, without having to kick you in the balls pricewise as Peavey amps tend to do.

Mop

Reaction score
This is just me, but I'd rather pick up a 2nd hand recto/5150/whatever than rely on a bugera clone. I've seen pics of bugera guts and read/been told first hand how fast lots of them break down to know to stay the hell away.

Why bother trying an amp with a reputation for being an unreliable piece of shit if you can pick the real deal up 2nd hand for a pretty similar price?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is just me, but I'd rather pick up a 2nd hand recto/5150/whatever than rely on a bugera clone. I've seen pics of bugera guts and read/been told first hand how fast lots of them break down to know to stay the hell away.

Why bother trying an amp with a reputation for being an unreliable piece of shit if you can pick the real deal up 2nd hand for a pretty similar price?

I guess it's priced for those where even the used unit is significantly more expensive, such as many places in Europe and Asia. If a real Recto goes for the equivalent of $3500 new, and $2000 used a roughly $800 amp is going to look a lot more attractive at a young or broke musician.

Folks, these aren't being marketed to those who can afford more expensive amps, just like Epiphones aren't marketed to those who buy Gibsons, but those who want Gibsons, but can only afford the cheaper equivalent.

cow 7 sig

AU director / RHLC ©
Reaction score

bugera had issues when they first came out,thats no secret.they have since sorted out there Q and A and there are very few bugera amps that fail now days,on par with just about all amp makers.
here in AUST even second hand (real deal)amps(mesa,peavey)are still a fuck load of coin,so to pick up something that is similar in tone for far less is not a bad thing at all.dont bag it if you have not tried it.if you can afford the real deal then good for you,if you cant(and not everyone can)these are a fine substitue

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Except that internet research only leads to the disaster stories. :lol:

Well, first, no, it doesn't. There's plenty of accounts of Bugera amps working perfectly well.

Second, I said "real research." Internet research isn't exactly what I meant.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
bugera had issues when they first came out,thats no secret.they have since sorted out there Q and A and there are very few bugera amps that fail now days,on par with just about all amp makers.
here in AUST even second hand (real deal)amps(mesa,peavey)are still a fuck load of coin,so to pick up something that is similar in tone for far less is not a bad thing at all.dont bag it if you have not tried it.if you can afford the real deal then good for you,if you cant(and not everyone can)these are a fine substitue

Pretty much.
A second hand Dual Recto still goes for about 3 grand in Aus and I've never seen a used 5150 that was as cheap as a brand new 6260 in Melbourne

Mop

Reaction score
Either you guys in oz are exaggerating prices or you should move to NZ ;) A dual recto is NZ $3.8k new here (AU $3k). 2nd hand right now on trademe (NZ's ebay) there's 2 dual rectos for under $2k NZ. 5150 heads frequently go around the $1k NZ mark (most I'd pay would be 1100). I just sold my 5150 212 combo for 1.3k NZD and picked up a rectoverb head for 1.5k NZD. There was a very nice mark iv head a week or so ago for 2.5k NZ.

It's widely known bugera were cutting a ridiculous amount of corners to begin with. Have they significantly raised the retail prices since then? If not then they're probably still building them the same way, if they'd suddenly started using decent quality components and putting them together well they'd be forced to charge you more.
Imo you definitely get what you pay for, people say "get a bugera, they're just as good as a -- but less than half the price" but I'm sorry that's just bullshit. It might sound similar but it sure isn't built to the same level, I don't need to own one for any length of time to know that.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
We're not exxagerating, Mesa prices in Europe are retarded. Used follow the same trend since someone had to buy it new one day.If we could get duals for 1000$ they'd be all over the place. Hence the success of Engl over here (german), which is less expensive for the same quality level. And is more expensive than mesa in the US.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's widely known bugera were cutting a ridiculous amount of corners to begin with. Have they significantly raised the retail prices since then? If not then they're probably still building them the same way, if they'd suddenly started using decent quality components and putting them together well they'd be forced to charge you more.

Huh?

Just because you pay more doesn't mean you're getting more in every case. How much do you think amp components cost? The difference in price from the bottom of the barrel caps to the best of the best is almost non-existent when buying wholesale. Also, automated assembly lines don't care what components they use, changing a few wouldn't really cause any discord. If their amps were dying, it would be in their best interest to fix them without increasing price.

brodjentle

Reaction score
maybe this will push Mesa into lowering their prices a little...Probably not though

that would be pretty damn awesome however it just wnt happen cuz mesas ar e just higher quality than the bugeras and shit not saying the bugeras don't sound mean it's just there life expectancy sucks

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Huh?

Just because you pay more doesn't mean you're getting more in every case. How much do you think amp components cost? The difference in price from the bottom of the barrel caps to the best of the best is almost non-existent when buying wholesale. Also, automated assembly lines don't care what components they use, changing a few wouldn't really cause any discord. If their amps were dying, it would be in their best interest to fix them without increasing price.

But it's so much easier to make false assumptions and add pretend knowledge than it is to use actual logic like you just did. :agreed:

Of course, to go one step further, considering that probably 95% of the issues that the early models were having were due only to them clipping wires to the mobo rather than soldering it they probably saved money from fixing the issue (solder being less expensive than wiring harnesses)

Another probable 4% of the issues being due to the amps being sent out with incorrect bias settings could be corrected by... well... people knowing what the hell they're doing when they get tube amps.

')