Ok I know i've probably done this before...

• Thread starter XIEmperorIX
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XIEmperorIX

\m/ Metal Dan \m/
Reaction score
..But I'm seeing cooler and more intereseting sevenstrings every day!

Ok here's the deal..I NEED A NEW SEVEN..I love my DR-7T but it doesn't quite have the feel I want and the sound I need for anything other than rhtyhm playing and I love to shred :shred: (not saying I'm all that great at it but hey I know what i'm dong :lol:) I'm looking for anything under $1000

So far the easiest I've seen to aquire are..

Ibanez RG7321, RG1527

B.C. Rich Warlock Platinum and Platinum Pro

Schecter Hellraiser, Black Jack, Elite

Music Man JPM7..I know they're more than $1000 but I believe they're cheaper than a UV :p

Anywho, help? lol It's hard to save up money when you really can't make up your mind! So far I'm really learning toward the 1527 or the Platinum Pro warlock because they both have what I'm really looking for which is a 24 fret neck and a tremolo. Man I'm a pain in the arse :wallbash:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd go for:
RG7620, RG1527, RG7421, RG7321, in that order for the ibanezes...
Im going for a schecter 007 Blackjack at the moment.
I havent played a BC Rich i liked that was under a grand...

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
XIEmperorIX said:
Anywho, help? lol It's hard to save up money when you really can't make up your mind! So far I'm really learning toward the 1527 or the Platinum Pro warlock because they both have what I'm really looking for which is a 24 fret neck and a tremolo. Man I'm a pain in the arse :wallbash:

Don't bother with a Platinum Pro Warlock, they do a 7 String NJ Series Warlock, which would be a lot better.

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
My choice out of those would be the JP7, coz I know thaey are a quality guitar. I'm yet to play one, but EB necks have a tendency to kick ass.

dav2321

Reaction score
I've got the Blackjack 7 and a Ibanez 7421, got a JP7 coming tuesday ! I'll post a mini-review shortly after I get it. :shred:

XIEmperorIX

\m/ Metal Dan \m/
Reaction score
dav2321 said:
I've got the Blackjack 7 and a Ibanez 7421, got a JP7 coming tuesday ! I'll post a mini-review shortly after I get it. :shred:

How much do the JP7's go for? I know they're like $1500+ but I can't find an online dealer.

dav2321

Reaction score
I got mine for $1550 at Drumcityguitar land. You could also try Basscentral and Indoorstorm (.coms), or Dubaldos music-though he says he wont have any 'till the end of Nov. All together the average is $1500-2100.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
dav2321 said:
I got mine for $1550 at Drumcityguitar land. You could also try Basscentral and Indoorstorm (.coms), or Dubaldos music-though he says he wont have any 'till the end of Nov. All together the average is $1500-2100.

RG1527 is almost $800 less and comparable quality IMO (worse pickups, but with a much much better trem system than the JP). Mind you, I'm not knocking the JP7 in any way. $678.11 for a new 1527 at guitarbargains.com...

http://shop.guitarbargains.com/stor...en&-session=shop:46A218AA161ed1C4C3tjt2E10CA5

Jesse

iJesse
Contributor
Reaction score
dpm said:
My choice out of those would be the JP7, coz I know thaey are a quality guitar. I'm yet to play one, but EB necks have a tendency to kick ass.

.. also to warp... hehe

XIEmperorIX

\m/ Metal Dan \m/
Reaction score
Shawn said:
I'd go for a RG 7620. :rolleyes:

That would be nice but I'd rather buy something I don't have to hunt around on Ebay for :p So far my top choice would be the 1527..best bang for my buck..after I swap the pups of course :D the JP7 is just to damn expensive...

Reaction score
I'd get the 1527. :agreed: I have one and it kicks ass. Air norton & evolution p/u's, of course. Used to have two 7620's and sold both. They kicked ass too. I agree w/ you--searching ebay is a pain. Buy new, and you won't have to deal with someone else's guitar that may or may not have problems.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
XIEmperorIX said:
IT SHALL BE MINE!! :evil:

Yeah I'll definetly get in touch on that! Just give me a few months to save up! I only make $7 an hour :wallbash:

Hey just think of it as less than 100 hours! Well, before taxes... :shred:

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
desertdweller said:
RG1527 is almost $800 less and comparable quality IMO (worse pickups, but with a much much better trem system than the JP). Mind you, I'm not knocking the JP7 in any way. $678.11 for a new 1527 at guitarbargains.com...

http://shop.guitarbargains.com/stor...en&-session=shop:46A218AA161ed1C4C3tjt2E10CA5
If it has a much much better trem than the JP, I'll not only eat my shorts but yours aswell (even after a sweaty gig)...come on that's just not true.

Anyway I have a USA Washburn Sonic 7 string, with Seymor Duncan SH-8 Invader pups and a floyd, it can be yours for a lot less than 1000.00 MINT

XIEmperorIX

\m/ Metal Dan \m/
Reaction score
Flesh-EatingMonkey said:
I agree w/ you--searching ebay is a pain. Buy new, and you won't have to deal with someone else's guitar that may or may not have problems.

Exactly! Rather would not deal with someone elses headache..

ecalcagnino said:
Hey just think of it as less than 100 hours! Well, before taxes... :shred:

...and gas for my car :p While I'm at it I'll probably be picking up some dimarzios from you as well :hbang:

')