Ok some DC727C Pics!!!!!

• Thread starter kmanick
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
of course i'll add to the 'wow'

wow

:lol:

i like yours more than mine...i hate you! j/k, but really. I played mine at a show tonight and it was incredible. I can't get over how much the guitar surprises me every corner i take. i hope you have many shows and many experiences with it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
HOLY FUCKIN SHIT MAN!!!! :eek: OOOMMMMMGGGGG. Honeslty I've never found a Carvin 7 that I personally liked as much as, or more, than mine(Sig).....but I have totally been bested. That is fuckin beautiful man, congrats and best of luck. :shred: I think I'm gonna switch out my pickups for a DiMarzio D Sonic 7 and an Air Norton 7, both Black/Cream coils. I originally ordered the guitar with Black/Cream coils but at the time they didnt make the for 7's......well no one told me that until a piece of paper that came in my case said so...:scratch:

funny you say that , I almost went with the color sceme of yours, it was a toss up between yours and the burnt Umber , but when I saw the Umber with a maple board, I decided that's what I wanted.
I may get another one down the road like yours.
I'm thinking Zebra duncans in mine too:hbang:

:bowdown: thanks for all of the positive comments guys. You need to see it in person, it's a beautiful finish.
I was a little worried about shelling out the cash for something I never played before, but all the "hell yeahs" on this forum swayed me to try one and so far I am freaking loving this thing.:shred:
I always wanted a maple board 24 fret neck thru guitar, so why not make it a 7:hbang:

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's a truly amzing looking guitar dude, very, very nice! I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I enjoy looking at it :metal:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
If you want zebra Duncans, i think you may have to go to their custom shop. I don't think they offer their 7-string humbuckers in anything but black.

Is your body solid mahogany, or is it a mahogany neck-thru with alder wings?

If it's all mahogany, i would consider going with the JB+Jazz combination... those pickups seem to be made for mahogany. And i really like the cream pickups against that quilted top and the maple fretboard.

Shaman

Reaction score
You finally got it!!

Goddamn, that looks awesome. I have rarely seen a quilt like that, beautiful.
I am glad that I went with birdseye maple too, because it looks great too.

Congrats man, treat her gently :lol:

Well, I only have about 3 months until I get mine...

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
If you want zebra Duncans, i think you may have to go to their custom shop. I don't think they offer their 7-string humbuckers in anything but black.

Is your body solid mahogany, or is it a mahogany neck-thru with alder wings?

If it's all mahogany, i would consider going with the JB+Jazz combination... those pickups seem to be made for mahogany. And i really like the cream pickups against that quilted top and the maple fretboard.

It is all mahogany.
I've been going back and forth in my mind between the custom/59 combo and the JB/jazz combo
I have both in other guitars already and I like both, but neither of those guitars a all mahogany.
My new GMW that is almost ready is mahogany with a quilted top and I ordered the custom/59 combo in that one, but that is not neck thru so
apples to Oranges:scratch:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Keep coming back for more, that guitar is beautiful man-o! Bah you're not helping me suppress my Carvin G.A.S. right now... I can't order for at least a couple more months since I need to save some money (and until I have the possible new job situation 100% worked out). Hide these pictures immediately... I can feel my credit card burning in my pocket! At least I hope that's my credit card... :ugh:

Wiz

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks bro. Now when I actually get to order a 727 myself in a couple of months, it'll be a watered down quality guitar (gibson style) cause everybody will have ordered one by then and they'll try to produce them as fast as possible to satisfy the demand :(

:p

jim777

Seen all good people
Forum MVP
Reaction score
NICE!!! I'm glad you finally got it and are loving it so far. She is a real looker, that top is insane :D Gotta love that oiled mahogany neck as well; it will spoil you!

I'm really happy for you man, enjoy her!

jim

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
thanks Jim , I believe it was you that told me to "ask for the highest quality quilt" they keep the good stuff on the side for people who ask for it.
so I did and boy did they deliver. :hbang:

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
thanks Jim , I believe it was you that told me to "ask for the highest quality quilt" they keep the good stuff on the side for people who ask for it.
so I did and boy did they deliver. :hbang:

Trust me! Having seen their wood supply, it would DEFINITELY give you "wood" ! That is a well done bookmatch!

SeanC

loves metal
Reaction score
My want for a Carvin just went up another notch

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, that is absolutely gorgeous!! Congrats.

Loose trem arms are a problem endemic to TRS Floyds. The best solution is to replace the entire arm assembly with the one that is used on Original Floyd Roses. You can buy the entire assembly (trem arm + screw-in receptacle) online if you want, and your tech probably has them as well. They are a direct retrofit to the TRS Floyd, and the real Floyd assemblies are much better made and don't have the sloppiness. It's actually an easy thing to install, but you have to take the bridge off the guitar to do it, so it would probably be easier to just have your tech install it when he's doing your setup.

')