Ola Englund Washburn Signature Announced

• Thread starter Draceius
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Draceius

I hate everyone on this site
Reaction score
Washburn just announced my upcoming Solar signature line of guitars. Stay tuned for specs and info on the series.

And yes I'm stoked as f* to be doing this with the company that housed the greatest metal guitar player alive, Dimebag Darrell. In my opinion they did the best Dime guitars out there.

Who honestly didn't see this coming?

EDIT: the quote from washburn themselves:
Washburn Guitars Announces Ola Englund as Its Newest Signature Artist

Buffalo Grove, IL, July 1st, 2013 - Washburn Guitars proudly announces the addition of highly respected guitarist/producer Ola Englund to the Washburn Parallaxe Series family of endorsers. Washburn and Ola Englund are currently developing a line of signature guitars together called the Parallaxe Solar Series which will be available later this year.

Parallaxe is Washburn’s recently introduced metal guitar series focusing on the worldwide rock/metal market and aiming to serve it with dedicated and advanced guitar technology. The line includes features that the most demanding rock/metal players have requested for years. It is stage & studio ready and packed with unique features such as the Stephen’s Extended Cutaway, Buzz Feiten Tuning System, Spring Silencers, big brass trem blocks, super jumbo frets, True Temperament Fretting Systems, EverTune bridge and USA hardware & electronics.

Ola Englund is widely known for being the guitarist for legendary bands such as Six Feet Under, Feared and recently joined Swedish melodic death metal band The Haunted. He is also very respected among the worldwide metal community for his professional YouTube demos and reviews for countless manufacturers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Considering Ola has sigs from other companies still and such...

Man...I really never liked Washburn, but it seems something is breathing new breath into the company since they are working with Astral (Strandberg) and now Englund with the new Parallax series...

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
that housed the greatest metal guitar player alive, Dimebag Darrell.
Wait what ?
-i didn't know about it
-No religion sprung up from this yet ?

An evertune Washy, now.... interessting.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Considering Ola has sigs from other companies still and such...

Man...I really never liked Washburn, but it seems something is breathing new breath into the company since they are working with Astral (Strandberg) and now Englund with the new Parallax series...

He doesn't have sigs with anybody right now besides Washburn, he cancelled the S7 deal. Any of the guitars from other companies (Siggi and Black Cat) that have the Ola inlays are just customs he had built.

This is really exciting. I think the Parallaxe series is really going to do well and help revitalize Washburn. And I am sure that with Ola in on the company we can see some help in making 7 strings just right for the modern player. This goes for Keith Merrow and Schecter as well.

conjurer_of_riffs

Forfeit Productions
Reaction score
This is pretty cool. Good for him and Mr. Merrow. I have both Washburn and Schecter guitars and they are great. Anticipating the future I am.

Reaction score

This, something goods seems to be happening at Washburn.

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
Washburn is taking it in a whole new level with that whole Ola, Fortin, Marcus, DeMaio collaboration!

But no one can disagree that the WM526s were ....ing awesome guitars!!
Let's see, how the new signature guitar will be...

Basti

not much space to wr
Reaction score
well this doesn't affect me.

But good for Ola and Washburn, I await pics and stuff

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
So how do endorsements like this work with respect to selling the instruments made by the old company? Like, can S7 still sell the Solar instruments if they don't use Ola's name?

Draceius

I hate everyone on this site
Reaction score
So how do endorsements like this work with respect to selling the instruments made by the old company? Like, can S7 still sell the Solar instruments if they don't use Ola's name?

His signature was fairly barebones with them though, it was a slightly modified version of their existing model (The cobra I believe), only adding in the inlay, 26 frets, and headstock change. S7 won't have a hard time continuing on, they'll probably just add it as on option on the cobra description.

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score

Yes, they will change the model name and remove the logo from the fretboard.

Actually, there are examples of models that companies changed their names and did slight mods, but I don't recall at the moment.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Yes, they will change the model name and remove the logo from the fretboard.

Actually, there are examples of models that companies changed their names and did slight mods, but I don't recall at the moment.

Peavy 5150.

EVH owns the rights to '5150' but not the components of the amp. When he made the move to Fender (to make the 5150III) Peavey changed the name to 6505 (to symbolise the start of peavey in '65, to the end of the EVH association in '05) The amp itself is exactly the same, more or less.

Congrats to Ola. looking forward to seeing what this sig looks like!

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
Peavy 5150.

EVH owns the rights to '5150' but not the components of the amp. When he made the move to Fender (to make the 5150III) Peavey changed the name to 6505 (to symbolise the start of peavey in '65, to the end of the EVH association in '05) The amp itself is exactly the same, more or less.

Congrats to Ola. looking forward to seeing what this sig looks like!

You actually made me remember, thanks!!

Also, the EBMM EVH Model which was renamed to Axis after Eddie left EBMM.

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
Great news, good luck to Ola and Washburn

')