Oldschool Crüe appreciation thread.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
When I was a wee lad, this was the coolest fucking video in the universe.

I play guitar today because when I was ~12 years old I wanted to be Nikki Sixx. I didn't know the difference between a bassist and a guitarist, I just knew that Nikki Sixx was fucking awesome, and I wanted to be fucking awesome just like him.

I used to take my mom's mascara and draw lines under my eyes and shred out on my baseball bat in front of the mirror before I even owned a guitar. :lol:

:metal:

(Vince and Tommy might be a couple of drama queens now, but Nikki Sixx is still fucking awesome, btw.)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
:metal:

At my mates house, when he has house parties, he hooks his iPod up to a massive set of speakers and we pick what songs we want.

I always pick "Wild Side" and it ALWAYS gets a good reception :hbang:

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Nerina loves the crue :nuts: :lol:

and of course Nikki Six is cool I mean the dude died and lived to talk about it :squint:

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Shout at the Devil was an awesome piece of work. :tmm:

the.godfather

Mr. Flibble
Reaction score
Another big Crue fan here. Always make sure I listen to them every few weeks or so. :metal:

Reading 'The Dirt' really does make you wonder how in the hell most of them are still alive today.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score

I wonder how many chicks Crue fucked if you counted them all up?

Matt Crooks

User
Contributor
Reaction score
Old Crue rules!

Has anyone read Nikki's new book? It's his diary from 1987... he was one messed up dude back then.

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score

Austin

Reaction score
Chris, I also was inspired to play by Nikki Sixx when I was a little kid. I intended to buy a bass but changed my mind in the store since I wanted to be able to play Metallica guitar solos off Ride the Lightning.

Those guys had it made! Same with Ratt, Skid Row, etc. It was a special time for bands that will never come again.

lailer75

Smart Dumby
Reaction score
"be as rude as possible, and don`t let anyone tell you how to live" Mick Mars

Matt Crooks

User
Contributor
Reaction score
Is that his heroin diaries? I've been meaning to check that out.

Yeah. It's his diary from 1987, word for word, with comments from today.

On day one (which was Christmas), he wakes up naked, alone, under his Christmas tree, with a heroin needle sticking out of his arm. :bowdown:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Old Crue rules!

Has anyone read Nikki's new book? It's his diary from 1987... he was one messed up dude back then.

I need to read that. As you well know, I love the first two MC albums.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Chris, I also was inspired to play by Nikki Sixx when I was a little kid. I intended to buy a bass but changed my mind in the store since I wanted to be able to play Metallica guitar solos off Ride the Lightning.

Those guys had it made! Same with Ratt, Skid Row, etc. It was a special time for bands that will never come again.

That's basically what happened to me. I got a guitar, realized the Nikki > Mick Mars, and immediately started a Metallica cover band with my firends, butchering everything off of RTL (and later puppets) with my buddies. :D I was lucky, my best friend growing up lived right across the street and was a drummer. Between his Perl Exports and my righteous Peavey Rage 108 (and later Bandit 112) we were the bane of parents all through the neighborhood. Probably because we were pretty damn terrible. :lol:

')