Omnisphere or Logic X? Looking for Midi/Synth Solution

kprusky

Reaction score
Hey guys! I am looking for advice on which program might be best (and cost effective) for creating synth tracks and sounds. A program that would allow me to add synths to metal mixes, acoustic songs, even making a basic rap or hip-hop beat. Kind of a jack-of-all synths that has enough variety to produce whatever sound I desire.

I have seen Omnisphere and Logic X as viable options (I know one is a VSTi plug-in and one is a DAW)

Are there any other options that you can think of? Let me know.
Cheers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PBGas

Reaction score
If you are currently using a DAW that you are comfortable with and using it regularly, I'd get Omnisphere. It really has a lot of different sounds to offer.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
I have Omnisphere 2 and I absolutely love it. I have barely begun to delve into the full power of this synth and I'm already blown away. The song in my signature was made solely with Omnisphere, as well as other songs on my SoundCloud. The real power of Omnisphere starts to make itself evident when you begin messing with oscillators and creating different waveforms. It's really hard to explain it in a good summary but definitely do your research and check it out. Well worth the cash in my opinion.

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
I'm still using the first Omnisphere and it has more sounds and potential than I think I'll ever use. If you can imagine it then Omnisphere can create it.

')