On a Mayo Kick. Check these Beauties!

• Thread starter GXPO
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GXPO

Reaction score
Hey All,

I've been looking at getting a Regius for about a year now and finally decided that i will go for it, throw caution to the wind and get one while I can. I'll hopefully be getting one from the for sale section here but naturally can't resist checking out every other Regius available to buy while I wait for a few bits to sell. I came across some 7's which are well out of my price range but thought I'd share as they are stunning. These are all available of Musicstore.de to which I have no affiliation.

Simple but effective, natural beauty:

GALLERY_GIT0031339-000_1_images1600.jpg

GALLERY_GIT0031339-000_6_images1600.jpg

Marbleized finish with god awful tribal art on the back, nearly...:

GALLERY_GIT0029680-000_1_images1600.jpg

GALLERY_GIT0029680-000_5_images1600.jpg

Mayones loves gears, I guess now I do too. Not sure how they have done the gears on the top, any ideas?

GALLERY_GIT0027675-000_1_images1600.jpg

GALLERY_GIT0027675-000_4_images1600.jpg

And lastly, possibly one of the nicest guitars I've ever seen..

GALLERY_GIT0027634-000_1_images1600.jpg

GALLERY_GIT0027634-000_7_images1600.jpg

GALLERY_GIT0027634-000_3_images1600.jpg

Sorry for the pic dump, sharing is caring.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
That last one, holy shit. And I'm guessing it's at least 7 grand given all the options.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
That last one, holy shit. And I'm guessing it's at least 7 grand given all the options.

No, no, no! Haha, man... I'm going to have to pop into every Mayones thread to say, "guys, look, whatever you want, $4k-5k regius." We're talking guitars that probably averaged $3k a few years ago.

GXPO

Reaction score

It's costs EUR4000 which converts directly to $5500 give or take, but I'm sure once all was said and done it would be more in the US.

Mayones guitars are an extremely good deal in the UK/Europe, a Setius costs maybe 40% of what a PRS Custom 24 would cost new.

Thor1777

Reaction score
that last one is awesome......have wanted to try one out....you do see a lot of them for sale used

Metal Mortician

Ninja Lurker
Reaction score
One thing is certain, they know how to put a lot of pieces of wood into a neck (11 ply?)

Their gears runs always look great! I dig the steampunk vibe.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
That last one is amazing but that tribal tattoo and white back :barf:

Metal Mortician

Ninja Lurker
Reaction score
I was going to make a comment about my wife's tattoo, but I decided to take the high ground on this one. :fever:

SkullCrusher

Reaction score
As mentioned above mayones are well priced in the uk & Europe. Although the base models are well priced, the options are very expensive. (630€ for a 5A quilt maple top!!!!!)

Thorerges

Reaction score
My only qualm with these things is the lack of the floyd rose option. Add a floyd rose and you're paying $400 more at the very least. Ridiculous.

Reactions: Nag

v1nter

Reaction score
Well, i live in germany and most of my gear except my guitars are from musicstore. Outstanding customer service i have to mention.

Musicstore has a little bit of a exclusivity for mayones guitars in germany, cause they also sell a "subsidiaries brand" from mayones called Fame.

So few days ago i made a price request for a standard Regius 7 in transparent white.
Price = 2349 Euro which converts to 3200 dollars. The american pricelist for mayones is just ridiculos. My particular requested guitar would cost 4700 dollars (which would be 3500 Euro) after this list.

I already imported two guitars from the states to germany and it's easy to find out what i have to pay =
price ~900 dollars = 660 euros + shipping + taxes = ~900 euro

Don't know the taxes in the states, but maybe you give it a try ?
Hope i could give you some information.

Thorerges

Reaction score
Well, i live in germany and most of my gear except my guitars are from musicstore. Outstanding customer service i have to mention.

Musicstore has a little bit of a exclusivity for mayones guitars in germany, cause they also sell a "subsidiaries brand" from mayones called Fame.

So few days ago i made a price request for a standard Regius 7 in transparent white.
Price = 2349 Euro which converts to 3200 dollars. The american pricelist for mayones is just ridiculos. My particular requested guitar would cost 4700 dollars (which would be 3500 Euro) after this list.

I already imported two guitars from the states to germany and it's easy to find out what i have to pay =
price ~900 dollars = 660 euros + shipping + taxes = ~900 euro

Don't know the taxes in the states, but maybe you give it a try ?
Hope i could give you some information.

Yea, they're very unaffordable. $3k for a guitar is ok, Jackson CS with somewhat basic specs cost that much and they're fantastic guitars. I cannot justify spending 40% more on a regius.

Tisca

Big-tube snob
Reaction score
That last guitar; any idea what the finish could be called?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Huh. I just don't get the mayo fervor. If I had $5500 to spend on a guitar it would go immediately into the pocket of Dylan (Daemoness). Or Skervesen. Or something else more unique than those. I do think I'm the only one that finds them mundane for the cash, though.

GXPO

Reaction score
Huh. I just don't get the mayo fervor. If I had $5500 to spend on a guitar it would go immediately into the pocket of Dylan (Daemoness). Or Skervesen. Or something else more unique than those. I do think I'm the only one that finds them mundane for the cash, though.

Well, with Daemoness you have a 2 year wait to contend with and won't actually end up with a better instrument necessarily. Definitely a (subjectively) prettier and on the whole more unique one though. With Skervesen, I guess so.. But there aren't that many ERG's that look this damn classy out the box.

Also, as mentioned previously, in Europe a well optioned Regius will cost less than a Daemoness or similar. For once you guys get the raw end of the deal. :lol:

weirdoku

Reaction score
I wish Mayones did a stripped down, no fancy finish, one piece bolt on neck setius/regius 7 string that costs significantly less but with the same quality/standards as their fancy finished guitars. Totally would buy one, I'm sure lots of other people would too.

Latest posts

')