One NGD to Rule them all: Black Water Guitars Custom 6-string DII

• Thread starter Khoi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
I'd been following this one throughout the build on Facebook, glad to see it's in your hands safe! Enjoy it :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

protest

Reaction score
BWGC is really the only guitar company that I've considered going with over Tom Anderson. The wait is much longer, but the price seems to be very buyer friendly. I've been following his work on and off for a while now, and if, when he starts taking orders again, his prices are still as reasonable then I might be tempted to put a deposit down.

I don't know though. Every Anderson I've played has been amazing, but Aaron's work looks so badass, and the price is tempting.

ThtOthrPrsn

Unconventional
Reaction score
UNF!!!

On another note, I must ask. Which do you like better, The Hipshot or the Hannes?

Khoi

Reaction score
UNF!!!

On another note, I must ask. Which do you like better, The Hipshot or the Hannes?

Hm, I'm not sure yet. I really like how the Schaller-Hannes looks, but I also appreciate the simplicity of the Hipshot. I haven't had a chance to service the Hannes, though I hear it's harder to work on than the Hipshot.

I'm also still not sure how I like the "bump" the Hannes has, as opposed to the flat Hipshot.

Basically, I'm not sure yet :lol:

Thorerges

Reaction score
Nice review man, thanks for writing all that.

Honestly, this is one of the nicest colors I have seen, ever, on any guitar, period. The top is absolutely fantastic of course, private stock quality - but the finish on the front and back are just sublime, great stuff man.

I did consider going with blackwater about a year back, but to be frank - I ended up buying something else of equally high quality. The wait list issue is just too much for me to bear - sounds like a $4000 project with a lot of stress and stuff going into it.

My one qualm with custom shop guitars is that to be frank, you have to rely on the luthier a whole lot. In my opinion, they should print every e-mail they get from a customer about a guitar, and put it into a box with your name/build on top - just to be organized. If I am paying someone $4000 or more, I am not looking to get anything but what I want. Looks like you saved your project and it turned out beautifully, but I am a little surprised at the lack of organization. But hell, looks like blackwater is making a name for itself, I am sure we'll see a lot of finely made guitars in the future.

ThtOthrPrsn

Unconventional
Reaction score
Hm, I'm not sure yet. I really like how the Schaller-Hannes looks, but I also appreciate the simplicity of the Hipshot. I haven't had a chance to service the Hannes, though I hear it's harder to work on than the Hipshot.

I'm also still not sure how I like the "bump" the Hannes has, as opposed to the flat Hipshot.

Basically, I'm not sure yet :lol:

Hahaha totally understand.
I used a Hannes on my last build, definitely took some getting used to and it was interesting to work with. It was comfortable once you got used to it though.
I haven't gotten a chance to use the Hipshot yet. I plan to use the US Contour Trem on my current build.

Cheap

.....ite
Reaction score
I haven't liked much of Black Water as far as the designs go, but the guitars they put out always look fantastic. Found out today that they are making a killer fan-fret tele shape--thanks for the gas dude..

-->sick build. really, really sick

Suho

Guitar Guardian
Contributor
Reaction score
Hell of a wait, but damn if it wasnt worth it. HNGD!

My sentiments exactly! I was expecting, oh, I don't know what... but those photos kind of knocked me on my ass a bit (OK, I was already sitting down, but...)!

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!:hbang:

Edit: Forgot to mention the demo proves she isn't all just looks- Double Sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
')