One pickup screw not working?

• Thread starter PlumbTheDerps
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PlumbTheDerps

Reaction score
I have a basically brand new 2014 Shecter, and I've been playing around with my pickup height. All the screws turn smooth as butter, except the pickup height screw on the low string side of the neck pup. I turn it, but the pickup doesn't move; the screws just starts to come out of its hole. Is this some sort of manufacturing error?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
Is this a model with or without pickup rings?

If it doesn't have them, maybe it's just not seated correctly. The pickup could be caught on the screw's threading or wedged somehow. Or there's something wrong with the spring/foam under it.

PlumbTheDerps

Reaction score
Is this a model with or without pickup rings?

If it doesn't have them, maybe it's just not seated correctly. The pickup could be caught on the screw's threading or wedged somehow. Or there's something wrong with the spring/foam under it.

Without: http://content.sparkstone.co.uk/3/1/images/catalog/i/xl_18945-jl-7-fr-vrs-tilt-copy.jpg

Sounds like I have to take it to a guitar tech, since using the factory or sweewater warranty would force me to pay a ridiculous amount of money in shipping costs. Blegh!