One word comes to mind...FAIL...

AySay

Banned
Reaction score

Can you believe this?
Every time i try to write what i think about it, my mind just says "fuckassdumbstupididioticcrazyprimitiveinsane"

What do you guys think about this?
Especially Americans/Christians?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HammerAndSickle

Guitar Comrade
Reaction score
I think that someone with such progressive and intelligent attitudes toward religion would not WANT himself associated with literal Christians.

Ask any of those people if they've stoned a gay lately, if not they're not "true" Christians either.

CooleyJr

Banned
Reaction score
Let's just all say he's the anti-christ and quit talking about shit like this..
Just because these people don't like him doesn't mean they need to start flame wars over religion bullshit and how much he ruins shit. Some of its true and some of it isn't. Who really cares? We can't do anything about it.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
Shit like this really makes me sad and loose more and more respect for humanity ( which is pretty low already)

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
Yeah.. Who are you going to believe?

The actual President of the US, one of the most influential countries in the world,

or a dead guy...

Who knew he would get killed but didn't bother. And supposedly doesn't even exist. Uh.. Yeah. I guess I'll go with jesus.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
What do you guys think about this?
Especially Americans/Christians?

I'm Christian, and I think some of my fellow Christians (especially pastors and ministers) tend to get waaaay too worked up over Obama. Coming at it from an objective Christian viewpoint, what does it matter if he's the anti-christ or not? Christians aren't called to get political, we're called to follow Jesus (who did not really get involved in politics).

So what do I think? The reverend got a few good points but no new revelation for me. Religion and politics don't mix well, and I don't think they're meant to. Obama can't really identify with one religion exclusively, if you think about it.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
Obama can't really identify with one religion exclusively, if you think about it.

And the thing is, MOST people can't say they are EXCLUSIVELY one religion. Because even if you a super die hard Christian/Muslim/Buddhist/whatever the fuck you are, you probably disagree with one tiny little point your religion makes. Doesn't mean you're NOT Christian/Muslim/Buddhist/whatever the fuck you are, it means you can still be a damned individual :wallbash:

:facepalm:

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think that's a lot of what Priestess and I have both agreed we hate about organized religion. Being compartmentalized, and called out as "not being a true Christian" because you believe one thing or another... and somebody tells you that it contradicts the tenets of their beliefs.

What the reverend is saying in this video is total bullshit in the first place, because he mixes being PC and respectful of other people's beliefs (as a person who's elected to represent his population is expected to do), with "not being Christian". While a lot of the Bible and it's stories suggest bringing Christ to others, I don't remember reading anywhere that you're "not a Christian if you don't force your beliefs upon anyone and everyone you meet by needless preaching every time you open your mouth... no exceptions".

That starts to sound like the preaching I've heard from very specific denominations, and I'm opposed to the way people have grown to pervert and twist religion to fit their own political/world views. And, honestly... most of the distinctions between one denomination and the other boil down to just that, for me; politics. Sorry, but no thanks.

That shit gives all of us a bad name, IMO.

Ironberry

Reaction score
He's quite good at bending and taking people's words the wrong way. Why would he make this?

Empryrean

angery gear acquirer
Reaction score
I think people shouldn't be so literal about everything. Besides, politics is dirty business, it can be misinterpreted from any perspective.

Latest posts

')