One year ago, the metal scene has lost a great soul: Peter Steele

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
I know we are only on the eve of the dreaded day, but I really wanted to be the one to make this thread and share my deep sorrow for him, the great Peter Steele.

Bless him, his family, Josh, Kenny, Johnny, and all the Type O Negative fans in the world.

I know there aren't many fans here, but I wanted to share this with SS.ORG.

For the fans, MetalSucks released an article about his death. And judging by the name, there will be another one tomorrow.
METALSUCKS EXCLUSIVE: ONE YEAR LATER, PETER STEELE’S PEOPLE SPEAK ABOUT HIS LIFE, HIS MUSIC, AND HIS LAST DAYS | MetalSucks

Rot in Pieces, Peter Steele 1962-2010

25836126291521826713913.jpg

EDIT: Typos and grammar errors can suck my dick. I'm so drunk right now it's not even funny :lol:

EDIT 2: Second part of the MetalSucks article
http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/04/13/metalsucks-exclusive-pt-ii-one-year-later-peter-steele%E2%80%99s-people-speak-about-his-life-his-music-and-his-last-days/

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

krypter

Reaction score
Type O has been my #1 favorite band for god....16 years now.

And i am ashamed...just fucking ashamed that i never saw them live. I was always either gigging when they came around, or just said....eh...i'll catch em next tour. For the super fan that i am of that band there really is no excuses for that.

Of all the music i listen to, theirs was the most perfect to me. Unfortunately, its a musician that can never, ever, be replaced.

(( also, OP, i'd dig the crap outta that picture thing on a tshirt ))

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn, I started this thread, and I guess I took so long that I guess this thread showed up in the meantime. I guess I'll just copy/paste what I wrote in my thread and hope the other gets deleted.

Type O Negative was a very important part of my development as not only a Metal Head, but a Musician as well. They never made a bad record, and were truly a lost link between The Beatles and Black Sabbath. One of my favorite shows I've ever been too is still Type O playing at The Chance in Poughkeepsie, NY back in October of '03/'04. Carnivore was also a regular listen for me during my days where of about 75% of my music listening was dedicated to Thrash Metal, and was fortunate enough to catch one of the "reunion" shows a few years back.

R.I.P. Peter Steele...

1, 2, 3, 4!! I DON'T WANNA LIVE NO MORE!!

Inazone

Reaction score
RIP, big guy. TON always seemed to play here on or around Halloween, and after missing their last stop here, I was determined that 2010 was the year I'd finally see them live. Of course, the next thing I knew, Pete was dead. Still kicking myself over that.

I've always been one album behind with my TON collection, a situation which I need to remedy.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
Type O has and always will be one of my greatest influences, as Peter brought such atmosphere to every single song, and they were so different. Never had a chance to seee them live, though I wish I had. And just when he was getting clean too, it was such a shame.

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
Damn, I started this thread, and I guess I took so long that I guess this thread showed up in the meantime. I guess I'll just copy/paste what I wrote in my thread and hope the other gets deleted.

Type O Negative was a very important part of my development as not only a Metal Head, but a Musician as well. They never made a bad record, and were truly a lost link between The Beatles and Black Sabbath. One of my favorite shows I've ever been too is still Type O playing at The Chance in Poughkeepsie, NY back in October of '03/'04. Carnivore was also a regular listen for me during my days where of about 75% of my music listening was dedicated to Thrash Metal, and was fortunate enough to catch one of the "reunion" shows a few years back.

R.I.P. Peter Steele...

1, 2, 3, 4!! I DON'T WANNA LIVE NO MORE!!

Right on brother.. Stay Negative my friend.. Sorry about your thread.. didn't see it :(

Now, I forgot to post this. This video is the best live version of Type O Negative I can find... So fucking powerful...

Imalwayscold

Is actually warm
Reaction score
It seems like yesterday this happened in my mind still. RIP Peter, your songs meant alot to me over the years. Rest easy big man.. :(

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
I'm lucky I got to see them live before he died. Incredibly lucky. Also got to see them in 2004 or 5 in Seattle when Nevermore opened for them for a single show.

krypter

Reaction score

I've always been one album behind with my TON collection, a situation which I need to remedy.

Yea dude. The last album was fantastic.

One thing i said after he passed was that i was really sad because they hadn't hit their "suck" period yet. The last album was the best since Oct. Rust (imo) and they never ever made a bad album. But they were really hitting a stride of very good music.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
I have to admit that I've never been a huge fan of the music but even a cursory read through any interviews, or a few minutes spent watching any videos reveals an intelligent, self-depreciating and altogether human musician who is sadly missed.

I think I owe it to myself to check out more of his albums.

')