Oni Guitar #1 - 8 string Fanned Fret

• Thread starter Ebart
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ebart

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Oni Guitar #1 – 8 String Fanned Fret[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I know this guitar has been bought and sold by a few members here. I purchased it in a FTF deal with another member about 8 years ago and have had it ever since. I’ve never used it to play outside my home and is “factory” new condition still. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]It has a smaller, more compact body, which is extremely comfortable. Despite the smaller body size, the guitar is very well-balanced. Made out of extremely rare Ziricote (similar to rosewood).

Features include:
- Ziricote body and neck-thru; neck and wings are same material.
- 600mm-660mm scale fanned fret fretboard
- Gotoh tuners
- Bareknuckle custom designed Warpig pickups (www.bareknucklepickups.com)
- 2 small volume pots that also act as push-button pickup on/off switches (parallel wiring)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Modifications (if any): Side Dots added to fretboard[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Accessories (hardshell case etc): Hardshell case with keys
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Location (City,State or City,Country): San Diego, CA
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]International OK? : Buyer pays exact shipping/packing costs and is responsible for any other associated fees.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Contact Info (No Phone #s) voorhees4@yahoo.com or PM here.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]References (eBay or other forum userid): Ebay ID: pbailey80
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $2000 obo - asking price is what I paid for the instrument.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Pictures: Professional pictures are that of the builder of this guitar. Current pictures of guitar can be seen here: https://www.facebook.com/profile.ph....1073741826.100012841753493&type=3&uploaded=6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]More pictures provided upon request
[/FONT]

front.jpg

frontlarge.jpg
rear2.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
How small is the body? Is it smaller than a "regular" Oni body?

Edit: just saw the scale length. So do you have thus tuned to A4? I'm my math is correct, it's basically 23.5"-26", right?

jemfloral

Reaction score

Edit: just saw the scale length. So do you have thus tuned to A4? I'm my math is correct, it's basically 23.5"-26", right?

23.622" - 25.9843"

Good luck with the sale!

Ebart

Reaction score

Yes, it is a smaller sized body, at the request of the person the guitar was originally built for. It's actually quite comfortable and well balanced and sure takes a load of the shoulder.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
I owned this guitar for a little while, coming up on a decade ago (seemingly a different lifetime). The tone of these particular pickups + this guitar is something that has stuck with me all this time, it's an incredible guitar all around.

Ebart

Reaction score
I owned this guitar for a little while, coming up on a decade ago (seemingly a different lifetime). The tone of these particular pickups + this guitar is something that has stuck with me all this time, it's an incredible guitar all around.

TMM - thanks for the endorsement. It really is a great instrument. Hoping someone else with money thinks so too! :cool:

Ebart

Reaction score
Ziricote is my absolute favorite. How much does this thing weigh? It must be a beast.

Good question, I've never actually weighed it! I'll have to do that and get back to you. The smaller body size definitely cuts down on weight though.

da771

Reaction score
Sorry short scale length for eight strings. Oni are great guitars, I have one.
Good luck with the sale.

Ebart

Reaction score
Oh wow, kicking it old school :lol: Best of luck with the sale :yesway:

Ah! The man himself emerges! Thanks for the well wishes, don't want to sell, but need to fund some other projects AND graduate school.

')