Oni Guitars

• Thread starter dpm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BRUTALIZER GUITARS

Reaction score
WOW MAN!!!!! :bowdown: I MUST HAVE MORE PICS:bowdown:

you know you have to post some sound clips when shes ready, I really want to know what the lace wood sounds like:scratch:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
that wood looks wild as hell! Crazy grain!

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

I've had these bridge bases custom made for Graphtech saddles. There's a slot under the saddle which allows for their Ghost saddle's piezo cables to run through the body into a small cavity under the 'string retainer plate'. From there they run to the main control cavity. This one doesn't have the cable holes drilled as I'm probably not going to put piezos on it. The 'string retainer plate' accepts both guitar and bass ball end strings. The bridges are positioned according to intonation.
Unfortunately the high cost of having these made means they aren't standard. I'm hoping to be able to buy a CNC micro mill some time soon so I make this kind of hardware myself :idea:

P1000479.jpg

P1000481.jpg

P1000483.jpg

P1000488.jpg

P1000489.jpg

P1000495.jpg

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Whoa. That's one hell of a string retainer block. I bet it's great for sustain, too! What's it made of?

I also really like your asymmetrical neck laminates on this one. I don't think i've ever seen that before. I really like your work, Dan!

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
It's aerospace grade aluminum alloy. It would be cool to one day directly compare that with brass and steel.
The laminates are only in the body. It's a set neck, all purpleheart except those stripes which are purely there to break up the purple a bit. And make me play faster.

msherman

Banned
Reaction score
Dan, How much does that puppy weigh? I bet you had fun sanding all that purple heart:shred:
I did a purple heart 6 string bass for a customer....man was that fun final sanding that thing:wallbash: It weighed 15.4 lbs when finished.

Mike

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
The weight isn't too bad because it's quite heavily sculpted in some areas. I tend to prefer heavy guitars anyway. But yeah, sanding purpleheart is a bitch :lol: you get about 15 seconds of good cutting per sheet. Machining it isn't much better! If you haven't tried them yet, the microplane tools are fantastic for shaping guitars. They cut quickly and cleanly :yesway:

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
:eek:

Holy crap that's amazing :metal: I like how the laminates sort of line-up with the saddles.

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
dpm said:
I'm hoping to be able to buy a CNC micro mill some time soon so I make this kind of hardware myself :idea:
CNC micro mill? Sounds very interesting - do you have any links or prices?

Again gorgeous work Dan :yesway:

')