Oni Guitars

• Thread starter dpm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
Dude, I have 2 guitars to pimp-out, 1 guitar body that needs to be turned into a pimped guitar proper, a student loan to pay back, and THEN I can think about getting my lefty 8!

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
Everything else goes on the back burner. Lefty 8 is top priority. Fuck if I had your currency, i'd have 2 oni's on order right now :lol:

Papa Shank

Be-otch
Reaction score
URGH, I'm going to have to sign a contract stating I won't put money into an Oni until I attempt to build my own guitar but man...I've got GAS bad.

OzzyC

:ubersquint:
Reaction score
Scott said:
Here's a question.

How hard are chords on a fanned fret guitar?
i dont know but i bet its not too easy when you have to do them backwards
;)

gojira

Reaction score
the lacewood is looking good - better than i thought it would......

reckon those little cnc machines are big enought to do a neck or body?

hurry up and finish these so i can get mine you slack bitch.

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
the micro mills are only good for hardware and maybe small templates and stuff like that. They cost about AU$3000. The smallest ones I can find to so a good job of necks and bodies are more like $10000. The template sytem I've got going is pretty efficient. I can see quite a bit of time needed to get a CNC working properly with wood - it's far less predictible than metal and plastic.
Lefty multi-scales are no more trouble than right handed ones in my situation. Altering a production line is difficult though.

gojira

Reaction score
dpm said:
the micro mills are only good for hardware and maybe small templates and stuff like that. They cost about AU$3000. The smallest ones I can find to so a good job of necks and bodies are more like $10000. The template sytem I've got going is pretty efficient. I can see quite a bit of time needed to get a CNC working properly with wood - it's far less predictible than metal and plastic.
Lefty multi-scales are no more trouble than right handed ones in my situation. Altering a production line is difficult though.

Oh but making guitars for lefties is serving satan - as they are all the children of incubi.....

May not be much trouble now - but later on when you are boiling in pitch with all your lefty buddies - dont say i told you so.

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
gojira said:
Oh but making guitars for lefties is serving satan - as they are all the children of incubi.....

May not be much trouble now - but later on when you are boiling in pitch with all your lefty buddies - dont say i told you so.

:fawk:

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I have to agree, chords feel more comfortable.
Just for Pauly -
P1000594.jpg
P1000593.jpg

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
A lil birdy who has not posted in this thread...Told me ONI was thee best guitar he had ever played and was flawless in build quality second to none ;)

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
And why do I get the feeling Goirja and dpm are the aussie drew and chris? :lol:

')