Online Djent Project

• Thread starter WoodenAshtray
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WoodenAshtray

Hawt-o-Saur
Reaction score
Greetings, folks.

Since there kinda are no people around to play what I want to (djent!), I was hoping to be able to create an online project. What I would need is, well.. everything. A guitarist, a bassist, a drummer and a vocalist.

What I would need in the other guitarist is that he/she plays a sevenstring (granted) and has a Line6 POD X3 Pro/Live, meaning we can exchange presets so that both of the guitars have the same sound.

To be more specific as far as the music goes, I was thinking along the lines of Vildhjarta/Uneven Structures/Drewsif Stalin's Musical Endeavors, but I'm up for anything djenty, basically.

Don't really know what I need to post here, so hit me with questions if you've got any.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
Greetings, folks.

Since there kinda are no people around to play what I want to (djent!), I was hoping to be able to create an online project. What I would need is, well.. everything. A guitarist, a bassist, a drummer and a vocalist.

What I would need in the other guitarist is that he/she plays a sevenstring (granted) and has a Line6 POD X3 Pro/Live, meaning we can exchange presets so that both of the guitars have the same sound.

To be more specific as far as the music goes, I was thinking along the lines of Vildhjarta/Uneven Structures/Drewsif Stalin's Musical Endeavors, but I'm up for anything djenty, basically.

Don't really know what I need to post here, so hit me with questions if you've got any.

I can program drums. I'm also a vocalist, but can't record at the moment.

Have any guitar tracks that you want to send me so that I can give you some drum pattern ideas?

Spratcho

Reaction score
Jag bor i GBG och är jävligt intresserad synd bara att det är 50 mil mellan oss :(

WoodenAshtray

Hawt-o-Saur
Reaction score
@Cynic: Nothing in the form of actual recorded stuff, will a sloppy gp-file suffice?

@Spratcho: Det är det internet är till för ;)

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd be willing to lay down bass tracks, as long as it's within my skill set. If you wanna message me that GP file, I'd like to check it out.

Dystopia

Reaction score
This is the definition of djent.

On a more serious note though, listen to the bands I listened in the first post to get a better idea.

well, i looked up djent on urban dictionary, and it informed me that Meshuggah is a djent band. if so, im so totally in :yesway:

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
I'm interested, i mean, I'm never doing anything anyway.

just shoot me a message.

muckypup1

Reaction score
I'd be interested in mixing the finished tracks! If no one else is going to do it, I'd like to do it for you :D

jayarpeggios

Reaction score
hey i would like to do this since i too have had such a hard time finding people that like this style... however i dont have a pod i am willing to buy one tho... but i am using an axe fx ultra so.. you know :p also i have a 7 and 8 string that i could use. and i have cubase and i can write good drum beats. i also have a way of recording but im still new at it so it may take a few times before i get the process down perfectly.

Reaction score
If you're looking for an online collaboration go to kompoz.com I just started using it not that long ago. We need more metal heads on there.

kompoz.com/site/metal_heads_united

-Matt-

7thdimension

Reaction score
im definitely on the same page as you are man, ive been looking for a project thats more similiar to my style and what im interested in, i play a ibanez rg7321 through various pedals, i also own a line 6 pocket pod, while not nearly as good as the XT i am willing to buy one if this is serious. recording, tabbing etc. is also no problem for me. i have some samples of some stuff i do if youd like to listen first. hope to hear from ya soon

denfilade

Reaction score
Sorry for quite the bump, but I'd be happy to audition as a vocalist. I love Vildhjarta and Uneven Structure.

EDIT: I can write and record guitar parts as well, and while my recording quality is decent, it's not exactly studio quality either.

Latest posts

')