OOAH my god! look at these basses! ................ (then help me find a Luther - UK)

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Seriously, what the hell. Why has no one really talked about this guy before?
TAKE A LOOK ON THIS WEBSITE

img_6667.jpg

img_6671.jpg

img_6522.jpg

ssidefront.jpg

img_2679.jpg

Has also dabbled in the world of ergonomics.
mothbassbitslabelled.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

And secondly, (I figured two half reasons for a new thread is enough reason for a new thread). I need help tracking down a Luthier and I have very little base knowledge to go on.
- He is called Dick, his second name is something like 'Beaucard(t)', but not spelled that way
- He live(s/d) in Edinberough / Scotland
- He is a very tall man - I saw him when I was around six

Anything you can find will help loads.
Cheers

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

angus

Reaction score
I have no idea about the second person you are talking about, but ACG is talked about quite a bit on Talkbass. His stuff looks awesome, though I've never seen one in person. They sound great, too (on videos/recordings). Great headless designs.

JamesRGoodall

Reaction score
Soon as I read UK I bet myself it was ACG. I now owe myself a beer thanks to you! Never played his stuff myself, but his craftsmanship looks quality and his designs are beautiful to say the least. And in agreement with angus, they sound fucking amazing on the few tracks usually posted on forums. Way to kick start my gas again man. I thought I was content :(

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
"So compact feel" Yes..Yes so compact! *rubs nipples while biting the low B string

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
I love the look of the singlecut basses :yesway: and the odd guitars with the same kind of shape.

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
Yes, ACG makes some great-sounding filter-based preamps.

angus

Reaction score
They don't make them. They're made by John East, but for ACG. East's preamps are, imo, the best on the market. I use them in every bass of mine, pretty much.

The filter-based units he makes for ACG are the only of their kind on the market currently, and while kind of a pain in the ass to use, are pretty powerful.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Ok. Completely off topic (not completely, but :fawk:), I guess people will come in hear to see those smexy basses up there.
574859_10151120073042924_1209600364_n.jpg

huh ... yeah, thats sliver in the natural cracks in the rosewood top. Is literally the nicest looking bass i have Ever seen!

KhzDonut

Sam Valentine
Reaction score
Ok. Completely off topic (not completely, but :fawk:), I guess people will come in hear to see those smexy basses up there.
574859_10151120073042924_1209600364_n.jpg

huh ... yeah, thats sliver in the natural cracks in the rosewood top. Is literally the nicest looking bass i have Ever seen!

I think my brain just broke... *drool* (would have put a dark fretboard on it, though. Ah well)

skelf

Builder AC Guitars
Reaction score
Hi
The basses at the top of the thread are all my work. If anyone wants any further information on them feel free to ask away.
Cheers
Alan

Udolf

Reaction score
Check the Jerzy Drozd series. Very exotic basses from Spain (If I'm not wrong, Barcelona). They offer a wide range of models. Seriously considering to order one of these.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Check the Jerzy Drozd series. Very exotic basses from Spain (If I'm not wrong, Barcelona). They offer a wide range of models. Seriously considering to order one of these.

If you get a Jerzy Drozd bass. I will love you for ever!

')