Opeth & Mastodon in Seattle

• Thread starter HaloHat
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
Just got a voice mail and email saying the Opeth and Mastodon show April 30 has been moved to the Showbox SODO from the original location the Paramont Theater.

Capacity at Paramount = 3000
Capacity at Showbox SoDo = 300

I can't believe with 10 days to go there have not been more than 300 tickets sold for this show?!

WTF Seattle...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Just got a voice mail and email saying the Opeth and Mastodon show April 30 has been moved to the Showbox SODO from the original location the Paramont Theater.

Capacity at Paramount = 3000
Capacity at Showbox SoDo = 300

I can't believe with 10 days to go there have not been more than 300 tickets sold for this show?!

WTF Seattle...

Not sure where you got your info, but no.

Showbox SODO
Max Number of People for an Event: 1700

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
that is a bit surprising, even the 1700 number which is probably more accurate. Between Mastodon and Opeth I would think 3000 would be no problem in Seattle. I think lot of old Opeth fans are not too keen of a show mostly comprised of Heritage tracks. I would like maybe 2 or 3 songs, but the back catalog is too rich to ignore it so much. Either way, i'll be at the DC show.

Alcojuana

Reaction score
Seeing Meshuggah at sodo. pretty sure it can hold waaaay more than 300 people.

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
that is a bit surprising, even the 1700 number which is probably more accurate. Between Mastodon and Opeth I would think 3000 would be no problem in Seattle. I think lot of old Opeth fans are not too keen of a show mostly comprised of Heritage tracks. I would like maybe 2 or 3 songs, but the back catalog is too rich to ignore it so much. Either way, i'll be at the DC show.

I'm an Opeth fan who went for Mastodon. Opeth playing a couple heavy tracks was just gravy. I was bored with the Heritage stuff, but I'm not mad about them playing it like others who were there.

I'd prefer to see a show like this in a smaller venue anyways. Smaller venues = energy

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
Not sure where you got your info, but no.

Showbox SODO
Max Number of People for an Event: 1700

I now see the Showbox SODO capacity is 1500-1800 depending on whos numbers I look at. I don't know where I found 300 alcojuana/Shannon :scratch: you were right and I'm glad.

So I feel much better about the turnout being near capacity. I'm really looking forward to the show as well as the Mesuggah show on May 9th [tickets purchased]. :metal:

piggins411

Reaction score
I saw them on this tour. They both put on good shows, but I was really disappointed with Mastodon's set list

Imbrium998

Bangs head here
Reaction score
I saw them in Boston on night 2 of the tour. I went as a Mastodon fan, and was left blown away by both Ghost AND Opeth. I had about 3-4 songs worth of exposure to the other bands.
Whereas I would say that I was also disappointed in Mastodon's set list choices as well, they were really really good at what they did. They are of course in support of The Hunter, but I would have liked to hear some older stuff perhaps.

I am not a hardcore Opeth fan (at least when I saw the show anyways) but I would expect that they would have a really great draw for this show.

Go see Ghost...the devil worship lyrics over 70s pop metal (Blue Oyster Cult style) is a complete trip.

')