Opeth - The Devil's Orchard

• Thread starter DLG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Goro923

Spanish Thrasher
Reaction score
OHMYGODHOLYSHITWOWOWOWOWOWOW

I AM ETERNALY GRATEFUL THANK YOU!!!!!!!

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
I wasn't sure what to expect of the new stuff, but I like what I'm hearing :yesway:

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
I was kind of on the fence for a while. It sounded more like what I would expect from the upcoming Akerfeldt/Steven Wilson collaboration than a true Opeth song. And while one of the things I love most about Opeth is how they're constantly changing and trying new things, I still love the core of their sound and wouldn't want that to change entirely. Then it hit the 5:00 mark, and I just had to say "you still got it!"

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
Its interesting I can instantly tell that musically its still very similar to their previous stuff, its the change in their tone/ production and the absence of growled lyrics (which I think could have been in there and not rocked the boat if this was mixed in the same was as Watershed) that is making all the difference.

So maybe the people that were worried won't have such a bug to bare after all, personally I'm enjoying it

Doug N

Reaction score
I like it. But then again, I think I'd like almost anything Opeth does so I'm not a good barometer.

ScrotieMcBoogerballs

Bringer of Storms
Reaction score
Awesome. To me it sounds like they're continuing with the style of the last few songs off of Watershed. Mikael's voice only continues to get better. I can't wait to get this.

MUTANTOID

Reaction score
I actually prefer clean singing over growls, so I love this by default. This song is making me look forward to seeing them this fall even more!

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
At first i didn't know what to say really. But after a few listens i can say i like it, it's great. And different. Can't wait to hear the whole album!

Opeth never disapoints. I've been a fan of their music for quite some time now, and they have NEVER failed at anything, unlike so many other great bands.

CurTro-P

Reaction score
its different thats for sure. also i read that the whole album will be sung clean? not sure about that, Mikael has one of the most haunting growls ever!

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
its different thats for sure. also i read that the whole album will be sung clean? not sure about that, Mikael has one of the most haunting growls ever!

From what I heard, yep, no growls on this album.

Dammit, it was taken down already :(

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
yup taken down. I really wanna hear it, especially after hearing everyone's reaction to it.

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
holy fuck, I promised my self not to listen to this until the cd is out.....must......resist!!!

Latest posts

')