Opeth - The Devil's Orchard

• Thread starter DLG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Skyblue

Reaction score
Ah fuck, I was like "Aweosme, a new Opeth song, I'll listen to it after dinner"
This makes me a sad panda :(

EDIT: No more sad pandas, this song sounds awesome! Can't wait to hear more, I have a feeling this album might be right up my alley!

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
Can't wait for their show here in Texas.

This CD and that night = awesome

floyo123

Sir.Shredalot
Reaction score
Just beautiful, like i excpected from them, they evolved greatly over the years!

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Whole Opeth CD with no growls? Hmm I might have to buy it.

They did it before.

14928.jpg

It's on the softer side, but it's nice.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
They did it before.

14928.jpg

It's on the softer side, but it's nice.

Their last great album for me.

Anyway, I'm not listening to this, nothing til the album comes out. I remember how disappointed I was by the single The Grand Conjuration from Ghost Reveries and it killed my enthusiasm for the whole disc when it arrived. Gotta hear everything in context. I worry this album is going to be too cheesy and not intricate enough for my tastes, but I'm ready to accept that they've headed on to pastures new. Can't be growling forever if you want your band to grow with time and age.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Only complaint would be the overhead processing, which I don't like at all. Hi-Hat is all hizzly and the cymbals are LOUD.

Other than that:

:hbang:

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Their last great album for me.

Anyway, I'm not listening to this, nothing til the album comes out. I remember how disappointed I was by the single The Grand Conjuration from Ghost Reveries and it killed my enthusiasm for the whole disc when it arrived. Gotta hear everything in context. I worry this album is going to be too cheesy and not intricate enough for my tastes, but I'm ready to accept that they've headed on to pastures new. Can't be growling forever if you want your band to grow with time and age.

Disappointed by grand conjuration? I loved that song.

SD83

Reaction score
I guess I'll have to listen to it a couple of times to really apreciate it. Not bad, interesting, mind not blown. There are other records which I might buy blindly after listening to a preview song (the new Machine Head record for example), I'll take a closer look at this one...

Duelbart

Reaction score
Disappointed by grand conjuration? I loved that song.

I know many people that think grand conjuration is one of the worse opeth songs. I've heard that it's "too long for the little substance it has", basically, unnessecarily stretched out.

Anyway...

It doesn't really sound that different. Then again, with their awesome style shifts, they would have to start playing dubstep or something to surprise me :lol:

')