Opeth - The Devil's Orchard

• Thread starter DLG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
I know many people that think grand conjuration is one of the worse opeth songs. I've heard that it's "too long for the little substance it has", basically, unnessecarily stretched out.

Anyway...

It doesn't really sound that different. Then again, with their awesome style shifts, they would have to start playing dubstep or something to surprise me :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be totally honest. I didn't really care for it. :shrug:

atimoc

deus ex machina
Contributor
Reaction score
I dig the overall style and sounds, but the song itself is not making me go "Whoa!". Maybe it will grow on me after a few more listens, but I trust the full album to have many gold nuggets in it if the genre is indeed similar to this.

exxecutor

Reaction score
Awesome new direction! Prog-Rock with a little fusion and funk!

Lilarcor

Reaction score
Reminds a bit of the quieter parts of Watershed with all this melotron going on. I really like it.
But I hope they don't totally forget about their heavy side. This song with some really heavy moments (with or without growling) would be pure awesomeness.

Sikthness

Reaction score
This is exactly what I was expecting. I like it!

It's funny I was thinkin the same thing. I was worried about the all clean vocals and 70s prog thing for roughly ten seconds, until I remembered that I hold Damnation in extremely high regard, being one of my favorite albums, by any band, ever. I knew they would deliver, and this still sounds like Opeth, even though the production and guitar tone etc are obvious throwbacks to prog. I'm all excited now. Need more.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
That wasn't too bad. A lot better than I expected, but I didn't get a smile on my face until I clicked on this. :)

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Sweet. I will buy the new album. I hope I get to see them in Atlanta this fall.

Reaction score
This is fucking awesome. I really hope the whole album isn't clean vocals though...

')